injen cal and check engin light?

londart

Did anybody who has the ingen CAI have there check engin light come on shortly after installing it, because I did and I just wanted to know what they found out it was if they did, thanx.

when you installed it, did you reset the cars memory...reset the computer i meant?

derrick1623 said:
when you installed it, did you reset the cars memory...reset the computer i meant?
yep, just disconnect and reconnect the battery.

I had the same thing happen, my mechanic looked the code up not knowing i knew about it but told me the code but im at work so i couldnt give you the specific #, but it basically says your car is running too rich, just do what the above members said and it should turn the light out.

More than likely your MAF sensor is dirty. Did you happen to clean the Piping for the CAI before you installed it ? The inside of the tubing was Filthy on mine when I got it, Alot of polishing residues and dust and dirt from Manufacturing. I just ran some water through it and dryed it off, then installed it.

Anyway if you put it in dirty, the crap in the tube is gonna foul up the MAF sensor in a hurry and cause the ECU to throw a code. The best remedy would be to clean the MAF with some rubbing alcohol and Q-Tips the reinstall it and reset the ECU. That should solve the check engine light problem.

Back