Injen CAI

prote5

:
2002 Mazda Protege5, 2003 VW Jetta GLI
I am looking to purchase a cold air intake for my '02 Protege5 but am looking to get the best price (go figure). If any of you who have one could tell me where you got your and how much you paid it would be much appreciated. Also interested in getting an exhaust (cat back) but already put an aftermarket muffler on and would like to know if there is any big difference in the two (power wise) or if it would just be a waste of money. .............. and one more thing, this may be a stupid question but putting on a CAI voids the warranty, correct? Im almost positive it does but figured id ask. Thanks

I just received my Injen in the mail today from Adventon.com for $218.00 total. But it is missing the vacuum line that goes to the vavle cover. Just my luck. I called and they will call Injen. I just hope it does not take too long to get it. The local auto parts place has 10' of 10 mm vacuum line but it is $20.00 and I only need 14" so I will wait.

I was quoted about $230.00 for the Injen. I've seen that if ya check ebay you may get a better price.
I had a catback HKS put on and I love it. It did set me back about $400.00 but I think I got ripped a bit. FIRST thing you should get is the B&M short shifter.....WOW what a difference. It was about $180.00 installed. Then get the catback and then the intake.
What eva you choose to do first....You'll love it.

Mods: B&M short shifter, HKS catback, Injen intake.

Got my Injen from Adventon.com for $211 shipped from CA to CT (they are $195 polished).

I would guess if something happened to your engine that could be linked to the intake then they wouldn't help you. If you broke your tranny I'm pretty sure they'd be streching to say warranty wouldn't cover that because of the intake.

Bijou-MP5 said:
you got your vaccum line cbcbd where 65 VW Bus didn't get one.

Yeah, everything was there with my kit, no complaints, nothing missing. Just make sure you use Mitch's tips on protege5online.com along with Injen's instructions when installing it.

KYREDP5 thanks for the info....anyway why do you have two *DaveB's gauge rings / *Mazda Logo Winsheild Banner / *DaveB's gauge rings ????

Back