Injen CAI for MP5

kre8

:
MP5
I was just curious for the owners that have the CAI made by injen. Do they come with bypass? if not do they even make a bypass? I live in FL, and it's hurricane seasson so I really don't want to take a chance and not having that bypass. if anyone can answer that question for me please

thanks

kre8

no, they do not come with the bypass (which is made by AEM) .. but you could buy an AEM bypass and install it onto your Injen if you wanted to..

unless you plan on driving through a foot or more of standing water, you should be fine..

thanks for the info....Drain systems here in FL aren't to good, so I'll just invest the money and by the bypass from AEM.

a friend of mine had his motor blown from hydro lock in his civic even with the aem bypass valve. seeems as though it does'nt quite live up to its own expectations.

Does anyone know what size of bypass I need? I just rather not take the chance with the rains out here.

I have one sitting in my garage I could sell ya. I live in florida too so shipping shouldn't be too bad. They sell new for $45 - $50 plus shipping. Mine was on my car about a week. I'll let it go for $35 shipping included.

kre8 said:
why did u take if off?
If it is raining enough that I would need the by-pass valve, I take the wife's car instead. We carpool anyway to work so it isn't an issue.

Man, i wouldn't buy a CAI, it's going to make a P5 so fast that it won't stay on the road.

Replica said:
Man, i wouldn't buy a CAI, it's going to make a P5 so fast that it won't stay on the road.

There isn't anything wrong w/ cold air intakes. my car is quicker because of it. I also enjoy the sound it makes when the air is sucked in.

thats wat i am talking about. I love the sound. And the gas mileage. But i have a question. Maybe i am retarded but wouldnt a breather instead of that little plastic pipe that connects to your engine work?

Back