Injectors duty cycle and info on engine

Fede_italiano

Contributor
:
2003.5 Mazda Protege' MazdaSpeed
Guys,

I was wondering if you guys know what is the operational duty cycle of the stock MSP injectors and what is their max flow rating.
Also, since our ECU doesn't control boost level, how does it monitor the boost in order to adjust for the right fuel output?

I am assuming in doesn't do like the DSM AFC that in the supermap adjust the fuel depending on boost values.

Thanks

It reads the MAF, O2, throtle positin, and it has preset maps to take care of it under boost. About the duty cyle maybe someone that has a stand alone EMS can help you out with that. I think they might know.

I think our injectors are 270cc's ..... There is a boost sensor on our cars, It's the 1x1 black box in the top left of our engine bay with dsm logo on it...but I guess that was pointless to mention bc it's not functional for tuning.... it's used only for emissions. The amount of boost entering our cars is infered by MAF readings, and the duty cycle of the injectors is based off a host of diferent inputs from various sensors as mentioned

ZenProtege said:
I think our injectors are 270cc's ..... There is a boost sensor on our cars, It's the 1x1 black box in the top left of our engine bay with dsm logo on it...but I guess that was pointless to mention bc it's not functional for tuning.... it's used only for emissions. The amount of boost entering our cars is infered by MAF readings, and the duty cycle of the injectors is based off a host of diferent inputs from various sensors as mentioned

I was asking because I was reflecting about our car running rich and the margin of safety of running 8psi on stock ECU if we were not at 90% duty cycle. I was just curious.
Thanks for the info.
On a side note, did you guys know that increasing the pressure drop across an intercooler will increase a delay in throttle response? I was thinking about some of those FMIC that people make and some of them have some long long routing. I wonder how beneficial they actually are.

Latest posts

Back