Information Display totally blank

Loves Mazda

:
Mazda 5
Hello everybody.
My Mazda 5 from 2007 has served me very well, but now I have a problem - that I hope someone have a solution to.
The Information Display is totally blank - not a single segment. The Clock which works separately in the left side of the display works fine. The Display light up fine - but when I turn on the headlight, the Display nearly loose all the light. This makes me think that the problem is connected to a fault, maybe in an electrical relay, that steel all the power to the Display. I dont think that the fault is in the Display it selves, as it doesnt show just a single segment. The AirCon, Radio and CD-player works normal - BUT after disconnecting the headwire to the Battery a few minutes, in the hope that a power-reset would solve the problem, the radio/CD doesnt work anymore. I gues that this is because it will take a passcode to install these functions again because of theft-security, but as I cant read the Display - I cant put in the code.
I have checked all fuses in the 2 fuseboxes, all relays for burned connections, disassemblet the Display to check all solders - but everything looks fine.
Does anyone have an idear
Best regards "Loves Mazda"

Open the center dash and look for loose connection? Broken solder joints on the display board?

Open the center dash and look for loose connection? Broken solder joints on the display board?

Hey phunky.buddha
Thank you for your answer. I have allready checked for loose connections, and specially the solder connections on the Display in a microscope, but everything looks fine.
Do you think that the fault could be outside from the display, as it dont miss just some of the segments - but is totally blank, and nearly loose all the light/power when I switch the headlight on?
Best regards

Back