Infamous P0171, I need help on this one

So I put JB weld on the manifold hairline crack and was good for a while, but after a few days my code came back. My exhaust has no leaks. I'm pretty convinced I just have a bad O2 sensor. Unless someone else may have an idea of where to look or what the problem could be.

Did you check the JB weld job again? Doesn't seem like a coincidence that when you filled the crack the light went away for awhile.

I think you need to replace that anchor of a manifold, I'm not sure if JB Weld is going to hold up in this situation, there are a lot of forces working against that solution. After other attempts, did the code come back immediately? I tend to agree that it is awfully coincidental that it remained off for said period fo time and then returned, that being if the other repairs immediately produced a code and this was delayed. I know some codes take a cycle or 2 to show up.

Last edited:
JB weld looks good. When I tried other methods (tighten up all the intake pipes, sealing the fuel injectors, etc) they all worked for a while, this time around it's been the most time before the code came back, but I'm just gonna replace the O2. I hate solving a problem by blindly replacing things but with everything else I've seen, it might be the way to go in replacing it.

The code went away on its own, before I could even order a new O2 sensor or anything, IDK what to make of it, I'll update if anything comes up

Back