Indianapolis now has the 3!

Indy always seems to get cars later than cities on the coast, but we now have a few 3s at the Tom Wood Mazda/Pontiac/GMC dealership on the east side.

I wandered by last night to check them out. Sadly no salesman accidently left the doors unlocked. I love the pics and they still look great in person. They had 4 hatchbacks (2 blue, 1 arrest me yellow, and 1 arrest me red) and 1 blue sedan. Except for the red hatch all had the 4 speed auto and all MSRPed for under $20K. I prefer the stick personally.

They had some Pontiac Vibes across the aisle. Except for the Vibe being taller I would say the dimensions between the two are very similar. I figure the larger engines in the Mazdas would allow more drivability in real world situations.

I wish I wasn't still in school and jobless or else I would tempt myself with a test drive this afternoon. If the new 3 is as good in person as it is in print I wouldn't hesitate in having it as my new ride. Cie la vie!

Time for people to start buying these and smoke those Corrolas, Civics, and Neons!

Hello fellow Hoosier. I'm about an hour south of Indy. I went up to Hubler's Mazda in Greenwood a couple weeks ago to check out a 3. Unfortunately back then they only had one 3 and it was an auto so I didn't bother to testdrive it. It just came in the day before and the salesman didn't know anything about it. So I just sat in it for a while and enjoyed the new car smell :)

They're supposed to give me a call when they get a stick 3s in. While I was there I testdrove a 6s and an RSX, both of which I were fairly impressed with. I'm hoping the 3 will blow me away when I get to testdrive one.

Anyways the guys at Hubler seemed to be pretty honest and easy-going, if you want to shop around in the area. I'm waiting for the 3's to be included in the S-plan so I won't have to deal with the haggling.

Fletchmeister said:
or else I would tempt myself with a test drive this afternoon. If the new 3 is as good in person as it is in print I wouldn't hesitate in having it as my new ride. Cie la vie!
I agree with you. My wife wanted a ZX3 focus, and she drove one. It was over for the focus. Her only complaint, it has 4 doors. After a Mustang GT how would you be?

Back