Incorrect Passenger side engine mount

Damn you need some belts!

Yeah, that pic is of my first P5 right after it got totaled. It wasn't too major, but it was enough to jerk the AC belt off a pulley and slice it in half along the sharp edge. Impact explains the oil and coolant in the pic, I'm not neglectful :p
It was a 5 speed. Not auto.

Here is my current P5, also 5spd:

IMG_20140321_161734.jpg
IMG_20140321_161800.jpg

Rock Auto doesn't list any pass. engine mounts for the 5-speed P-5.

Hank3's mount is listed for the 99-03 Protege for $50.48,.. I'll keep that one in mind,...

I'm thinking the fact that it came with the flange is important and would avoid the sort of problem with the OP's post. (although the picture from Rock Auto didn't show the flange ?)

I'm kinda thinking too that any mount will bolt up to either 5-speed or Auto as long as it comes with a matching flange but they are designed differently to allow for more or less movement for either 5-speed or auto ??

I was wondering if some of you can look at these and tell me if it is worth swapping for a Mazda part to make it right again, if i should loosen the motor side and pry the motor forward a bit, and then re-tighten the mounting nuts, or just leave all as it is.

I personally wouldn't feel too comfortable with it the way it is,... If it were me I would try to return it or perhaps go to a wrecker and try to get the proper flange. It would probably be just a few bucks if the mount is torn.

Back