Impossible!

ONRAILS

:
06 Mazdaspeed 6
Geez... I figured I'd install the joep mbc this afternoon, boy was I wrong. I tried using a small flat head to loosen up the hose from the tee, but the hose started cracking and crumbling. I got to the point where I am able to twist the hose, but it's almost impossible to pull that bad boy off. I was thinking of just cutting the hose, but I don't know how far down the tee goes in. Anyways... so I figured I'd just replace the entire hose, but there's no way I can get my hands down there. I'd have to take off the CAI, and I just put that b**** in the other day... **** it, not in the mood now! lol

******* pos hose!

hey man, after you cracked it push on each side of it and turn the screw driver so that the flat part touches the whole surface, and just push a little all the way around. I got mine off with only barely cracking the tip. The T goes in a little less than an INCH. So cut an 1 1/2" down and u'll be good. It is pretty easy to get that hose off, just keep putting a little pressure all the way around it will come off.

just cut rip the stock s*** off and use real hose. That's what i did.
How come you couldn't reach it? I did mine with the Injen in place, no worries.

i recently replaced all of the vaccuum lines uner the hood with good silicoln lines. so much nicer and will never crack.

d_stickney said:
Geez... I figured I'd install the joep mbc this afternoon, boy was I wrong. I tried using a small flat head to loosen up the hose from the tee, but the hose started cracking and crumbling. I got to the point where I am able to twist the hose, but it's almost impossible to pull that bad boy off. I was thinking of just cutting the hose, but I don't know how far down the tee goes in. Anyways... so I figured I'd just replace the entire hose, but there's no way I can get my hands down there. I'd have to take off the CAI, and I just put that b**** in the other day... **** it, not in the mood now! lol

******* pos hose!
whew! got it on finally! Had to use a smaller sized connector to connect the wastegate hose, and a small peice of hose on the mbc. I know, replace the hose... but I didn't have the time, and the engine was too hot. Anyways... now I gotta do some hard runs in 3rd to get it set right. I did what joe recommended (blowing into the mbc, until I could barely get air through) and it was at 10psi, but it spiked to 11-12psi. I guess since I'm a newbie with this mbc, I am a little nervous. If I keep it at 10psi, with my mods, I should be ok, no? hehe

glad you got it on ok. i had the same issue. i just put my hallman on 2 nights ago and the stock hose was s***. i just replaced the whole thing. i got underneath the car to connect it. it was pretty easy....that is after i stewed over the top of it for a while. just removed the platec guard under the car and had plenty of room to get to it.

do you have a link to that thread where joe talks about blowing into it?

No guarantees of course but you should be OK at 10psi because you have the intake and exhaust freed up.
yeah my hallman insturction said "you MUST have a high flow exhaust and intake!" in order to mess with boost.

Latest posts

Back