Import Showoff Presents Rev-It-Up After Dark

ZoomZoomH

:
a Mulligan
Friday Night April 30th 2004 :

From the producers of the SHOWOFF Car Show we bring to you the Rev It Up After Dark Car Show where Hundreds of Washingtons’s finest Teams, Japan Spec and Euro class tuned automobiles will compete to see who is the best.
Check out www.showoffcafe.com for more information

Honors in the NOVICE CLASS are:
BEST OF SHOW $1,000 - BEST CUSTOM AUTO $500

Plus 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies.
HONDA CLASS, ACURA CLASS, MAZDA CLASS, NISSAN CLASS, TOYOTA CLASS, DIAMOND STAR CLASS, BMW CLASS, LEXUS CLASS, SPORT IMPORT (Other) CLASS, SPORT COMPACT (Domestic) CLASS, EUROPEAN CLASS, OLD SCHOOL CLASS, more TBA.

Hot Laps
You’ll be blown away by high speed thrill rides with our professional drivers in a race prepared vehicle.

Log on to: www.MazdaRevItUp.com for more info!

Go Karts
Wedge yourself into a race-prepared Stratos kart and see what it’s like to dive into a hairpin turn at 30 mph just one inch off the ground. You do have to be 16 or over and have a valid U.S. driver’s license.

Live Entertainment
Featuring DMC runner up DJ Quixotic, plus a special guest performance from DJ Geometrix doing 2x4 DJ battles brought to you by First Option Productions

Check out: www.Trooperz.com for more info!

GENERAL INFO:
1600 Raljon Road
Landrover, MD 20785

Event Hours: 5pm - 11pm

Admission: $15
Car Show Reg : $40

Reg the car at : www.showoffcafe.com

looks like a pre-party for Rev-It-Up that weekend! who wants to go!?!?!?
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

While I'd like to, I may not be able to eke out the time (I'll post tomorrow). And the $15 entry stinks.

ashu, you do realize they are letting people 'riding' on the autox course tonight right??

it's like a $15 walk-thru! in a car! by one of the pro drivers!

if i go it'll have to be late (got in work at NOON, not going anywhere for a while :( )

Well at present, I believe that the following group of people are planning on going:

AutoBox, Wanger68 and Taifu96 at about 8pm and myself at about 8:30. mp5smuggler said he will try to make it, but isn't sure if he can.

Anybody else interested?

Ugh - too much on my plate for this weekend, including a blitzkrieg roadtrip tomorrow. Have fun guys, and don't get too cocky with the early cheap walk-through - be prepared to have your heinies kicked on Sunday :)

(Wait - I didn't say "by me" ;) )

Good News/Bad News :(

First the good news:
Last night was pretty cool. We saw some drifting and lots of tire smoking done by a local guy that AutoBox knows, very nice. :) We saw some nice cars in the show including Protege5Gurly, DragonBabe and another friend of AutoBox w/ a 240SX. I did the drift course in the Mazda3 and had a lot of fun there too. :)

Now for the bad news:
We started heading back to our cars at about 10:30 and reached the lot at about 10:40. AutoBox, Wanger, Taifu and I had driven up and were parked separately. We walked past AutoBox's car and Wanger sees his 2nd gen. w/ the doors and trunk open. (eekdance) His window was broken and all of his stereo equipment stolen. There were a bunch of people milling around further up the parking lot and they said a bunch of other people had had their cars broken into. I ran up to my car and, you guessed it, my car had been broken into too. :( My driver's side window was broken and the Z828 that I put in last month was stolen. Also, it looks like my backpack w/ my government work ID and my gym bag got stolen too. Good thing the SSN on my ID is wrong and I never bothered to get it corrected. (bang)

So, it turns out that a total of 7 cars were broken into and a 2001 BMW stolen entirely. The cops had already been called but not shown up yet. I call myself then called my insurance and filed a claim. A cop showed up to talk to the guy who had had his car stolen, but we weren't important enough to talk to. A total of 5 cop cars came and left without 1 coming up to talk to us. After Dark shut down at 11 and at midnight we were still there and security came to tell us we needed to get going. Oh yeah, there was "security" at this event. Only for the f***ing money!!!!! So, we told them the sitch and they called on the radio, left, and came back w/ a cop from somewhere else who was kind enough to take the info for the 3 out of the 7 of us who stuck around. The guys also saw some missing boards from the fence surround the lot and saw some screwdrivers and stuff there, which they showed to the cop. After he got all our info, we took off finally. Taifu and Anthony took care of the glass in my car and taped up my window, thanks guys. (2thumbs) So I got home at about 2:30 this morning.

Oh and a nice big (fu) to all the PG cops except for the last one.

I try to avoid import car shows and drag races because thats where your most likely to get broken in to.

Well, my car wasn't clean and I don't think it looks that great, so I didn't think it was going to be an issue. I also thought they had "security" there and FedEx Field would be somewhat safe, apparently I was wrong.

WOW sux to hear that ... that show was HORRIBLY put together. Besides what happened to you, for the show aspect ... the judges didnt want to hear a DAMN thing regarding what you had done - im sure they never realized half the stuff I had done to the car (how often do you honestly see a protege5 with ALOT of JDM parts?). They had SUV's in the Sport Compact class (took 1st and 2nd) and the SL55 AMG with the body kit and some performance work took 3rd -- loosing to a STOCK 87 Porsche. And dont get me started on the Nissan class ... a fairly stock Skyline beat the Veilside Widebody 350Z from Emotion!

Pe@ce

No, don't think so. We signed our names on a list of names, showed our driver's licenses, paid our $17 and then got a wristband and that was it.

no waiver.. just the signs of "park and its your own problem" type signs...

yeah.. I got home bout 1:45 and started taping up my window... SOB! $700 worth of stereo stuff taken... worse thing was I'm getting the subie tonight and I was gonna transfer all that stuff to it, since I made a deal saying I wouldn't buy any new things for the subie for a long time (including stereo stuff) but that I could just transfer over what I already had... so there goes $700 out the window, and my beats! MY BEATS!!! yaarrrggghhhhh

That show really did bite the big one.
First off they advertised a toyota class and said quote " there wasnt enough toyotas registered to give trophies so the nixed the class" (there were three scions, my friends celica , and a supra)
And I also heard that some of the people (emotion) were friends with the judges so that would be why they took home alot of wins.
We got there at 2pm and had to wait till about 3 to be allowed in. They told us that they were closing registration at 3:30 but ended up keeping it open till ?
Yeah I also dont see how an explorer is a sport compact.....
and did you see how they arranged us?
As far as judging. I think they basically went on presentation. I may not have alot of interior stuff done to my car, and I am in a transition phase with graphics, but to me my car looks hot. I certainly didnt expect to recieve a trophy, I really thought that RX7 with the smirnof bottle in it had me. But some things suprise you. As far as me placing over anyone else, the sportmanship thing to do would have been to congradulate me not say my car is a piece of s***. If you go to shows as much as I do, you get used to unfair judging, and not always winning the place you want. It only looks bad when you throw a fit. And causes people to judge you.

As for everyone who had their stuff jacked, I my only advice is to get one hell of a loud alarm. I learned that when my "small" system was taken from my car. Now all you have to do it cough on the car and the alarm will go off. I was only lucky because it was the MP3 stuff that came with it so it was covered.

yeh that honestly suxed ass.....besides catchin up with old friends and and chillin with kat, wagner and taifu.......the setup was def no up to what would be expected of a big buget "event" ........the whole jackin was just bad...i have been to a god bit of events and never senn his happen.....the securiy was bs.....didnt watch s***, no one gave a s***......kinda open ur eyes (boom06)

The RX-7 wasnt in the Mazda class ...

If the judges did their job, they would have spoken to the owners and actually taken a look at each car but instead they just threw some numbers down on a paper and walked to the next car. I know this is their first show out on the east coast, but if its run the way it was for every other show, im sure ALOT of people wont be returning.

Pe@ce

Man oh man. I wanted to go to that to see some Mazdas and some peeps that I hadn't seen in awhile. *cough* However I couldn't because my dad was in town. Turns out I'm glad I didn't.

Very very sorry to all that had either their car OR anything stolen. Some f'in people I tell ya! FOCKERS!

dragonbabe79 said:
As far as me placing over anyone else, the sportmanship thing to do would have been to congradulate me not say my car is a piece of s***. If you go to shows as much as I do, you get used to unfair judging, and not always winning the place you want. It only looks bad when you throw a fit. And causes people to judge you.
Are you directing that towards me??? because there are only two people you out placed and that was me and the MX6.....

Back