Immediate advice is needed for 2007 CX-9

tambeng

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of getting a 2007 Sport AWD CX-9 tomorrow.

The price is $2000 under invoice plus additional $1000 rebate via Mazda Credit plus 0% for 36 month.

Is there any reason why I should not consider 2007 and go straight with 2008?

I understand that 2008 has a slightly bigger engine (for me that's not a problem). Other than that any issues with 2007?

Also is the price $2000 under invoice is good enough for 2007?

Thank you all,
Tambeng

$2000 under invoice is not enough, go with a 2008 at invoice, or 500 under, do NOT go with an 07 when you can get an 08, it's already a year old!

Last edited:
I have a 2007 GT AWD that I am very happy with. However, if I had the option of an identically equipped 2007 or 2008, I would go with the 2007 only if the difference was greater than $2500. Just my opinion...

I've heard that the 3.7l V6 (2008) actually does make a decent amount of difference in comparison to the 3.5l V6 (2007) But I haven't driven either of them.

I would agree with CX-7 though. While it may be a good "deal" on a 2007, its value is already reduced because its already a year old. If you can get a similar 2008 at/near invoice price I think that would be a better alternative unless it is difficult to afford the additional amount.

If the engine does not matter to you then I would tend towards the 2007, you might even be able to do better than the current offer. If there are other dealers nearby, see what they have available. They WANT to move the 2007's. It is true it is already a year old but you have to keep in mind that it has O miles on it. So that would help in the future when you go to sell it. Over the years I have bought several "year old" cars when there has been no real diff in model years, no regrets

Do not buy a 2007 to save just $2,000 off invoice!

Check the posts under the "How much did you pay?" thread. $2,000 is good but not great. People are getting '08's for thousands off invoice also. I bought an '08 GT AWD for $3,200 below invoice.

Regarding resale, while the mileage will seem low for your 2007 in three years, it will still have a lower value than a 2008 with the same mileage. And though the 2007's have not been plagued with problems, many people are leary of buying a first year of production vehicle - especially used.

Keep shopping!

Here in Ohio, you can get 9% off and 0% financing for 36 months. I would just shop around and see what you can get for the 2008. If you have a friend or family member that works or has retired from Ford, UPS, Fed Ex or any of Ford's or Mazda's suppliers, see if they will sponsor you for the S-Plan.

You have a number of options of available to you, just continue to do your research.

People are getting '08's for thousands off invoice also. I bought an '08 GT AWD for $3,200 below invoice.

You must mean MSRP, not invoice!

If you can get the price down a bit more, it wouldn't be a bad deal at all. They are really trying to unload the 2007 models at this point (my dealer was semi-desperate), so I'm sure you can do a bit better than $2k off invoice. If not, at the end of the day you're still getting it cheaper than you would a 2008 model, so you have to feel good about that!

Thank you all for all of the input. This board is really great.

After letting my dealer know about the input that I got from this board, I asked for more discount :)

I ended up getting the 07 CX-9 Briliant Black AWD Sport for $3000 under invoice (not MSRP) + additional $1000 from the Mazda Credit Motor + 0% for 36 months.

The car had 17 miles on it when I took the delivery.

So far so good, it feels nimble and looks very modern inside. I am very happy with it.

Thank you all again for the input...

Zoom...Zoom...Zoom...

Last edited:
I ended up getting the 07 CX-9 Briliant Black AWD Sport for $3000 under invoice (not MSRP) + additional $1000 from the Ford Credit Motor + 0% for 36 months.

(shocked)
Now that is ONE HECK OF A DEAL!!!
CONGRATULATIONS! You just bought a 2007 CX-9 for the best price EVER!!

(shocked)
Now that is ONE HECK OF A DEAL!!!
CONGRATULATIONS! You just bought a 2007 CX-9 for the best price EVER!!

I don't know if that will be the best price EVER :). I am sure someone else might score better than me.

However, my main idea is to make sure that there's nothing mechanically wrong (recall, etc) with 2007. So far from the post/forum, it looks like nothing is wrong with 2007 so yeah I'm glad that I can save some money with 2007.

Thanks again everyone for the help.

Congrats on a great deal! There were no dealbreaking issues on the 07's that were fixed on the 08's, don't worry. Slightly larger engine, Blind Spot Monitoring, and higher price make up the crux of the difference.

Sounds like a great ... better than great deal to me... you'll enjoy it.. that's the main thing... there's nothing wrong with the 07's thats been a major concern... the one thing I'd look into is a potential for a drift/alignment issue... it's been noted by Mazda... not all have had the issue... but it's the one thing I'd look for... I've an 07 gt awd sparkling silver ...traded our 97 allsport mpv for it... ( I am the p m for the dealer ) ... and totaly love the car... I like to say... Mazda's bringing .... Cx (y) (see x y ) back! yeah :)

I don't know if that will be the best price EVER :). I am sure someone else might score better than me.

However, my main idea is to make sure that there's nothing mechanically wrong (recall, etc) with 2007. So far from the post/forum, it looks like nothing is wrong with 2007 so yeah I'm glad that I can save some money with 2007.

Thanks again everyone for the help.
Maybe, but I highly doubt it. Just a month ago, the best deal on 2007's was 1500 below invoice + 0%.

What you paid: $4,000 below invoice + 0%. 0% equates to $2-$3k.
Therefore, your actual price is $7k below invoice, almost $10,000 below MSRP!! Account for 53% of MSRP as 3-yr resale value, say your MSRP was $30k, that equates to: $15k resale...but your cost was only around $20k. Therefore, you will be able to enjoy a brand spanking new CX-9 for only $5,000 for 3 years!! No "high resale" Acura, Toyota can even come close to that Cost of Ownership numbers.

That is truly an incredible deal!!
5 thousand dollars (+/-) lets you enjoy a SUV of The Year for 3 years!

Maybe, but I highly doubt it. Just a month ago, the best deal on 2007's was 1500 below invoice + 0%.

What you paid: $4,000 below invoice + 0%. 0% equates to $2-$3k.
Therefore, your actual price is $7k below invoice, almost $10,000 below MSRP!! Account for 53% of MSRP as 3-yr resale value, say your MSRP was $30k, that equates to: $15k resale...but your cost was only around $20k. Therefore, you will be able to enjoy a brand spanking new CX-9 for only $5,000 for 3 years!! No "high resale" Acura, Toyota can even come close to that Cost of Ownership numbers.

That is truly an incredible deal!!
5 thousand dollars (+/-) lets you enjoy a SUV of The Year for 3 years!

Remind me to let you do the math when I calculate my year-end bonus. :) Invoice on a sport AWD is $28K. He got it for $28K-$3K-$1K = $24K + tax/title, so say $26K OTD. 3-yr resale of $15K seems like a good bet, so it's more like $11K over 3 years, not $5K. The savings of 0% compared to 6% is a few thousand over a full financing term, but those savings are compared to finance charges that you would have paid but end up not paying, you can't count that against a savings on the sale price.

It's a screaming deal without question. But it's nowhere close to only $5k/3 years.

Last edited:
Thank you all for all of the input. This board is really great.

After letting my dealer know about the input that I got from this board, I asked for more discount :)

I ended up getting the 07 CX-9 Briliant Black AWD Sport for $3000 under invoice (not MSRP) + additional $1000 from the Mazda Credit Motor + 0% for 36 months.

The car had 17 miles on it when I took the delivery.

So far so good, it feels nimble and looks very modern inside. I am very happy with it.

Thank you all again for the input...

Zoom...Zoom...Zoom...

Welcome (hi)...Nice use of forum info to knock off a few THOUSAND from invoice! (first)

Enjoy your new Mazda and the Forums! :D

Back