I'm baaaaaaaack ...

Rush

:
91 MX-5, 13 ILX
Whelp, I have no idea who'll actually remember me by this point -- but for those that do, let me first apologize for my extended absence. Life has been quite insane, to say the very least, for the past year. But it finally seems to be settling down again and allowing me more time to get back to my 'old habits'. (burnout)

So blah blah blah, yadda yadda .. I just wanted to share that I'll be rejoining the Mazda community with an actual Mazda!!

No, it's not another MSP, although I sure as hell wish it were. But I'm soon going to be 'inheriting' a 2000 Protege -- silver, manual (duh), with only 61K on the odometer. It was my dad's car, but he's now moving on to a new 2013 Acura ILX. And since I couldn't bear the thought of another Protege in the family going to some stranger, I told him I wanted it! It'll be my DD to keep the mileage off my G35 and to save me some money on gas while still letting me have some fun on the road to and from work!

Now we'll just have to see if the former addiction returns as strong as it used to be .. Only time will tell. ;) But either way, it's great to be back!

Grats! I've been playing with the idea of picking up something in the family now that the GTO's gone. Good to have you back.. even though I'm 'not'?

Thanks guys!

Despite the fact that this Protege is supposed to be my 'beater', I'm already struggling to keep myself from thinking about all the stuff I COULD do. It's gonna be really hard getting back into a car that's so familiar while having to restrain myself from modding it like mad.

Came across one of your recent threads and thought you probably posted a "I'm Back!" thread...:p Welcome back, Rush! :D

It's gonna be really hard getting back into a car that's so familiar while having to restrain myself from modding it like mad.

Good luck with that...Haha!

Back