If You Could Do it All over again....would you?

acelesson

I am referring to buying your Mazdaspeed Protege. If you could go back, would you have still purchased the MazdaSpeed, or would you have spent the money on another vehicle? From the sound of it, a lot of you are complaining about the MSP. So I am assuming you wouldnt buy one again?

Hell yes I amaze my friends and myself on a daily basis thanks to the suspension on this car. I have had no probs though and I know good handling cars so It is an impressive car to me

yes i would. the car has one of the best interiors, best trunk space, best sound system stock, best rims stock..everything but performance..and even that is good, just not the best. it has a great gas mileage for a performance car, and great handling. are you saying that all this is not worth it because of some hesitation?

i think you have been trolling these boards too much if you do think so.

i would totally buy my car again. i love it

the MAIN thing i love about the mazdaspeed protege is that it has enough balls to get it to move. its not going to run 13s at the strip...but it has manners. if i want to drive slow and relaxed, i can do so without hearing a loud annoying exhaust ricecannon. if i want to drive like an obnoxious prick, i have to power to do so. im sure all youe MSP owners know what im talking about. its like a multipurpose car. i love it.

Despite my car's popularity due to the problems I've had, I'm still loving it. The looks from people; the smiles that randomly creep up on me; the badass interior...

I am borderline with this question though. As much as I hate the problems at times and as many times as I've thought about getting a SRT-4, RSX, Min, etc, all it takes is half a day for me to handwash it and I'm loving it again.

9,400 miles, and YES!!

I LOVE MY MAZDASPEED!!! (k) (k) (k)

Last edited:
definitely....there's no other car you can get for $20k that has as much performance and looks.......Domestics aren't even considered so Neons and Focuses never enter the picture.....A Mini Cooper S was the only other thing I seriously considered but it's $4k more and there's a waiting list....plus the nearest dealer was 1 1/2 hours away.

MSP all the way, no question.

not a single car out there for 20k that matchs the MSP in every facet. Sure Neon's are faster, but I don't like dodge. Sure RSX's are nicer inside, but they cost 4k more! Sure WRXs are awesome vehicles, but again...4k more (at least!!). Plus, this car is moddable to around 200-210 whp fairly easily. Would I buy this car again? Absolutley...I'd even pay sticker just like I did, just for the thril of moving in unison with the road like this thing does!

Only had mine a week, but YES!

I always thought my Miatas were the most fun I could have for under 20K - this is even better. The interior is incredible (for an "economy" car), handling may be better than a stock Miata, the power is there (I'm not a drag racer) when needed, gas mileage is incredible (looks like I'm going to get 27MPG on my FIRST TANK!), stereo is great for a stock unit, exhaust is quiet for this "style" of car, wheels are very cool....I could go on & on...

Yes, I've noticed the hesitation. I'll wait for a new mapping config.
Yes, I've had one "clunk". Other than that, I'm happy as hell.

BTW - am I an older statesman around here at 33? ;)

I would buy this car again without a second thought. I had a budget (20k total) and needed a 4-door, combination fun daily-driver and track/autox car. IMHO, at this price point, there is no other car more prepared right off the lot. As a bonus, it's pretty easy on gas and looks great too.

Despite what some feel are huge problems, the bang-for-the-buck is off the charts with this car. My two cents...

Peace...(hippy)

CRDMS1 said:
IMHO, at this price point, there is no other car more prepared right off the lot. As a bonus, it's pretty easy on gas and looks great too.

Exactly!! (and I have said it all before) (thumb)

Well I have to start off by saying that I love the car and the fact that it is so rare. I love the handeling and the looks.

Having said that I would not buy one again. Not that I dont love the car nor do I have buyers remorse. I just did not think long enough about 4 wheel drive in the fun Michigan winters. Also now that I dont have a job the monthly payment is going to be a little hard to make.

Back