idling problem

TurboMazda_67

:
1998 Mazda Protege Lx
I have a 1998 mazda protege lx and for some time now ive been having this idling problem with my car and can't pinpoint what it is basically my car has been idling funny for a good time now, for some reason when i slow down or come to a complete stop it idles funny and doesnt idle normal and makes alil noise and sound when that two happen, and it also happens when i have my ac on and i slow down or come to a complete stop does the same thing, or when i stop and turn the ac off it does it right away but happens both ways when its on and off.it kinda sounds like its almost goin to die but doesnt close but not close enough to were it would do that.and another thing is its like my battery cable thats connected to my battery the positive one is alil to big for my battery for some reason so i had to put alil screw between the terminal and the cable to make sure it wouldnt pop off, can that be the reason or is it ac related? so any ideas on what i should do first or check would be greatly appreicated. thank you for your time.

By any chance when it's dark out does your dashlights flicker? I have a '94 protege and mostly when I'm idling/going at low speeds/rpm there's a funny sound. I'm thinking it's battery/alternator related but might have to do with my idle time. I'm not quite sure.
perhaps our problems are somewhat related.

TurboMazda_67 said:
I have a 1998 mazda protege lx and for some time now ive been having this idling problem with my car and can't pinpoint what it is basically my car has been idling funny for a good time now, for some reason when i slow down or come to a complete stop it idles funny and doesnt idle normal and makes alil noise and sound when that two happen, and it also happens when i have my ac on and i slow down or come to a complete stop does the same thing, or when i stop and turn the ac off it does it right away but happens both ways when its on and off.it kinda sounds like its almost goin to die but doesnt close but not close enough to were it would do that.and another thing is its like my battery cable thats connected to my battery the positive one is alil to big for my battery for some reason so i had to put alil screw between the terminal and the cable to make sure it wouldnt pop off, can that be the reason or is it ac related? so any ideas on what i should do first or check would be greatly appreicated. thank you for your time.

Back