idle control valve/motor?.. HELP

deezerz

My MS protege...has been acting up for about 3 months now....it can only drive for a while..i shut it off ...10 min later i come back to start it up..and it doesnt want to start..its like something is heating up, not to mention it wants to die at stop lights..or when u-turning..and has to low of rpms..
i took it into a garage and they said it was something to do with the idle control valve....does anyone know if this is under warranty?
ive had my ms protege for 3 months..and i havent even been able to drive it good..its driving me crazy!!
and the check engine light isnt on so the dealer doesnt want to check for anything wrong.

if your car is still under warrenty it should be covered. IAC valves are not wear items nor to they usually go out.
but really, i'd ask them...

it,s not covered by powertrain warranty i believe.. it,s covered by the 48..

and the new iac is suposed to be "better" and last longer..

could also be vacuum issues, at least it sounds like it might to me, do you have a boost gauge that shows vacuum??

the IAC would be a vacuum issue..it runs off of vacuum. if the car dies at idle its cause its not opening and letting air bypass the throttle. It would also cause the car to not start as it is used on startups.

Back