Idea's for the next NJ meet?

Elderain

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed #2
Anyone want to throw out some ideas or dates for another meet, in maybe 2 weeks, or a month, or something :) I know some people had ideas of a dyno day or a track day here in NJ. Any other suggestions, or dates??

Well we better do it soon, before your license gets suspended! :p

But back on track...the weekend of Sept. 19-20 would work.

Any suggestions on location?

resturants are hard, everyone has to show up on time. unless we rent out a room or something. a sports bar might be cool, we can chill at a bar all night long or something, kinda like a hooters place, but maybe with less hooters to make it more female mazda owner friendly :)

Surprisingly, I've found that most girls don't mind going to Hooters at all. And if you want to meet at a bar, there's shitloads around the New Brunswick area.

Hooter's...I like that idea!! And i still want a track day!!

Chas

i would like a track day in the future, i probally wont go till i get my piggyback and turn up the boost.

The bar idea wont work for me untill after dec 14th, im only 20.

Im down for another meet whenever. Hooters was cool.

im 19, but i can still hanp around hooters.

!!! idea !!! maybe we should meet up somewhere on time like a big parking lot or something. then when were all together, we can head down to hooters. i quess it would work out kinda cool because we get to meet up at one place, go for a cruise, while in a group, and then go to hooters. thus eliminating the risk of someone wanting to go out for a cruise while they just had a few beers.

just an idea to throw out. as for the time, any date after sept 10. (rockon)

Hmmm. I liked the freedom of the park idea. I don't see a problem w/ having it in the same place (OR a dyno!) so long as we have some more activites planned.

yeah i think we need to plan a bit more ahead, to have things to do, i liked this meet alot, we should do the same thing again, just have everyone go for a cruise after :) maybe head down to the shore and just cruise along as a big pack representin' yo! LOL

The park was a great spot, seemed like it was equal distance for all too.

I was down in New hope, PA the other weekend and saw about 40 mini coopers go rolling by at once, it was real cool. There are also some real good twistes in this area.

Probally a lil far for most. It is right near washington's crossing, right where 202 comes into PA. Real nice area.

paulmp3 said:
The park was a great spot, seemed like it was equal distance for all too.

I was down in New hope, PA the other weekend and saw about 40 mini coopers go rolling by at once, it was real cool. There are also some real good twistes in this area.

Probally a lil far for most. It is right near washington's crossing, right where 202 comes into PA. Real nice area.

There are a BUNCH of ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL roads around the New Hope Area. Curves, twisties, elevation changes, curves WITH elevation changes....I love it! I make myself drive down there at least once a month, and I could plan a route that'd be a lot of fun.

The area isn't far at all from the Hooters in Lawrenceville on Rt. 1 S.

The spot i've come to love is a lil section on 22, going into PA right after a toll booth. Ive hit it like 4 times going to and fro the airport. I take 78 all the way close to PA, and take the last exit in NJ, which is 22, and that takes me into PA, Right after the toll is a mile or 2 of twisties that are marked "SHARP CURVES AHEAD" etc, its like a 35mph speedlimit, but easily taken at 60-70 if you dont mind gripmarks into your wheel from holding on :) very fun

******** said:
The spot i've come to love is a lil section on 22, going into PA right after a toll booth. Ive hit it like 4 times going to and fro the airport. I take 78 all the way close to PA, and take the last exit in NJ, which is 22, and that takes me into PA, Right after the toll is a mile or 2 of twisties that are marked "SHARP CURVES AHEAD" etc, its like a 35mph speedlimit, but easily taken at 60-70 if you dont mind gripmarks into your wheel from holding on :) very fun

I've done that a few times in my old car, haven't tried it in my MSP yet. I'll admit, it IS a lot of fun, but a lot of times there's too much traffic to enjoy it safely.

jersey_emt said:
There are a BUNCH of ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL roads around the New Hope Area. Curves, twisties, elevation changes, curves WITH elevation changes....I love it! I make myself drive down there at least once a month, and I could plan a route that'd be a lot of fun.

The area isn't far at all from the Hooters in Lawrenceville on Rt. 1 S.

I try and do these roads at least once a week, if the roads arent to wet i might take a cruise down there tonight. I know this area well. Perfect for a nice morning ride.

brunswick eh? thats close to me..well..closer than lakewood..im in on this one..and yes, I will actually come this time

Back