Idea for tailights

Altezza Killer!!!!

I keep hearing and reading about peoples desire to have Altezzas for the P5. I don't quite understand that, because if its not on an actual Altezza, then I don't think it needs to be there, but back to my post...After reading a post from someone in the Mazda 6 forum which had a link to customize a 6, I got an idea. One of the options was to have these color matched "covers" that go on the light and it leaves only the mandatory circles showing, like the brake, reverse, turn signal etc. What if we had something like that for our car? Boredom taking over at work today, I drew a sketch (and then decided to color it). Check it out and tell me what you think. I might throw something together in photoshop later to help you get a better sense of what I am thinking.

*EDIT* changed attachment to photoshop pic, enjoy*EDIT*
blue%20test%20copy.jpg

Attachments

• back_right_close copy.jpg
    back_right_close copy.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 482
Last edited:
Sweet Action

Dude, i think it looks great, if they were out i'd buy them. Although i am still looking forward to Altezza lights for my pro5.

those look great... i was thinking about spraytinting my lights that way.... but most likely it would eventualy come off... if anyone knows of actual light covers for our car... let us know. once again, looks good bud.:p

My friend has that same thing done to his Mecury Cougar and I think it looks terrible.

Maybe its just because of the type of car its on. But in person I didn't like the looks of it at all.

I think the covers have to be the same paint as the car. I,ve seen light covers that are the same color but the don,t haver the same clear finish and it looks like they used plastic and painted it with regular acrylic paint. But i think it's a cool idea. I believe it was my post you are talking about under Mazda6 ( japanese options). I wish we can customize our cars they way they can in japan.

not bad though i would still like to see what altezza type lights look on my p5.
i like what you did, i guess you can say its 94+ mustang type of thing.
might not work though. the sides of the lights contain reflectors so that when your car is parked and another car is coming the lights of that car gets reflected of your taillights sides. its for safety reasons so the person could see you car and not clip your bumper or worse. i am not sure i would want to cover that up.

In response to YellowMP5s caution with the reflectors in the light, maybe instead of a total painted cover, it could be a translucent type cover, kinda like how sunglass lenses look. You could still see the reflector through it. there are a lot of possibilites:)

well I got that pic and put them on a p5 I dunno, whaddya guys think? maybe if it was CF inside instead of that clear stuff, or just black...
p5_w-altezzas.jpg

wow, where did you find that?
i am not sure i like how they look but at the same time they
look awesome on that black one. can you put them on a yellow? :)

those would be illegal because the covers don't let you see the red reflective area, which is required. Same reason cleared out tail lights are illegal.

they're not really illegal per say ;)

lets just say they are... well.. uh.. not legal... not illegal, just not legal lol

MP5s Make Ready said:
Altezza's are GHEY.....I can't stress that enough people......they are about as original as a woman driving an suv......

so don't put 'em on your car. :rolleyes: But at the same time, don't worry about the people who do put them on their car.

Back