Ice's N/A Build

Were you expecting it to make power at that rpm? Its not a Honda. I cant see your link but I would be surprized if it made power after 6k.

Doesn't really matter if its a Honda. If its been engineered to make power at high rpms it should do so. The question becomes, what have I overlooked that is preventing it from doing so?

Peak power was at about 6800 rpm. Will work on reupping the photos today.

Seem to have developed a spark related issue thats causing bucking and misfires. Checking coils out tonight hopefully along with plugs.

Doesn't really matter if its a Honda. If its been engineered to make power at high rpms it should do so. The question becomes, what have I overlooked that is preventing it from doing so?

Peak power was at about 6800 rpm. Will work on reupping the photos today.

Seem to have developed a spark related issue thats causing bucking and misfires. Checking coils out tonight hopefully along with plugs.

I didnt mean for it to be a smart ass comment. More to make a point.

Are you losing fuel pressure at your peak?
Not sure tbh. Car wont get above 2k-3k rpm.

Believe the bucking is due to insufficient charged in the battery. Cranking over the engine as it is now seems to take alot out.

I didnt mean for it to be a smart ass comment. More to make a point.

I get what you mean abotu the car revving but, I have done lots to ensure I can rev it. Just need to review everything and determine weak spots, evaluate and see if i can do tests.

In two minds about spending more money on the car. Might fix the issues and then just enjoy it as is.

To the engine specifically:
Weisco ~12:1 Pistons with 21mm wristpin.
3SGTE Rods
3SGTE Oversized Bearings
Modified Head - 5 Angle Valve Job, Blending, Ported and Knife-Edged Intake Ports, Ported and Knife-Edged Exhaust Ports.
Twiggy Cams
DocB Racing Oil Pump
FS-ZE Intake Manifold
626 Throttle Body (FS-ZEs use them stock)
Stant Low Temperature Thermostat
K&N Typhoon CAI
MSP Oil Cooler

Complete list of parts can be found on page 1.

Last edited:
I dont know anything about those cams but could they be part of the problem?

They could be the cause of why I'm tapering off. But from what one of the guys whom had them made said they should breathe to 8k rpm.

not with adjustable cam gears. You can move the overlap up and down and how much or little.

Still currently using the stock exhaust cam gear as apparently it was causing ref signal issues.

Have my parents car till they get back from Europe (28th of June). I hope to in this time:

- Get the paint fixed up
- Replace right hand CV
- Rewire the adpatronic so its not in such a silly place.
- Wire up the idle control to the adaptronic
- Get closed loop idle control working
- Replace Fuel Pump
- Replacing Knock Sensor
- Hooking up knock sensor to Adaptronic
- Get wideband interfacing with the adaptronic

Potentially:
- Wiring A/C up to the adaptronic so that it will idle up when turned on etc.
- Swap to Toyota COPs

And Way down the list:
- Wiring up Power Steering so that idle up occurrs

May as well at this point swap to a VE based map as opposed to the current system in place which means starting tune from scratch again basically. Should be able to reuse some of it? VE Tuning is all new to me, used to having multiple reference maps.

Also have to pay off new wheels and body part. Hopefully get plenty of OT to pay for it all....

Also heres the dyno chart that didnt work last time:

Base map had to be created from scratch. Some of which im going to have to redo to get everything working how I want it.

Not yet. ATM car is either under cammed or manifold is too restrictive meaning that I tapper too early (engine is built to rev to 7800). Once that's resolved I can look into meth injection so I can increase timing.

Currently looking at hyabusa throttles or black top throttles from a 4age.

Bought some new rims for the car :D:
yZP6wttl.jpg

Unfortunatley suffered a casualty in that the passenger (drivers for you) is no longer with us, reversing into a pole has caused a crack to form in the headlight housing allowing rain in :(. Sad day, slightly expensive day as well. 240AUD for a new passengers side Sport20 HID (second hand):
eATOseal.jpg

Car has about -2 Degrees camber, even with the camber (granted its jacked up but still) the rims are proud of the gaurds:
DEAWpj0l.jpg

TMaO5Qkl.jpg

Also fitted my fog deletes and installed my original SP20 headlights:
w43xxzsl.jpg

What wheels are those?

There Wed Sports 17x8 +32. Slightly less offset would prolly have been better though...

Those look very nice! :D

Thanks. There crazy light at 6.75kg(~14lb) a rim a massive improvement over the MSF rims which come in at like 24-25lb. Should mean I pick up about 7-10hp at the wheels. Not to mention improvements in braking.

Should be good, excited to get some good rubber on them and hit the hills and track :)

Have any questions let me know...

My new 1.4kw 626 Starter, Fuel Filter Servicing kit should be here tomorrow/early next week. Also have a Mazdaspeed (from an MSF) front sway bar to install at the same time as the starter.

Sometime need to get around to installing the Rear Strut Bar. Just dont want to hack my interior up all messy like.

Back