i want sidemarkers to come on with parking lights

lq311

I have searched and searched for this mod...but nobody knows how to do it...I want the sidemarkers(the ones on the front fender right next to the door) to come on with the parking lights and headlights.... I do not want them to just blink!!! I do not think anybody knows hows to do it....the only way that i can think of is to run wires through the fenders to the parking lights and splice into the parking light wires...I do not see how i can run wires through the fenders????????????...or if somebody knows where the fuse is to the parking lights and the sidemarkers , maybe i can just run a wire from the sidemarker fuse to the parking light fuse and that should work???

can somebody pleaseeeeee help out with this?????

ohh yeah..I am new to this forum...I love it,,i also love my yellow p5 just bought it 1 week again.......got a greaatt deal on it...

thanks,
steffan

*bump*
I'd like to know this as well. One question, if we splice into the parking light wiring to acheive this, will we lose the directional blinking? It'd be great to have both.

I believe you have to buy another relay switch. When we started putting on side markers back in the day (late 80's early 90's), that's what we did.... if I could remember correctly. So long ago.

i will check with the other tech. i work with tomorrow and get back to you...there is no reason it cannot be done. i think i am sure how but i want to be sure...

What's the purpose of having both the yellow turning light and the white sidemarker light? One blinks when you turn and the other just blinks when you lock/unlock. Why can't we have one multipurpose blinker? Why not have a third that blinks when it feels like it?

I am sure there is a way this can be done with a relay and some additonal wiring, but I am not able to take a look at it right now to figure it out.

Done it. Posted it on www.protegeclub.com.

Simple.

a) bumper lens is solid parking light on
b) when parking light is on and turn signal is turned on, bumper lens alternates with the front and the bumper lens
c) sidemarker lights mimic the bumper lights, when parking light is on, bumper light is on and so is sidemarker light
d) when parking light is on and turn signal clicks in, then the bumper and sidemarker light are on together flashing alternately to the front parking turn signal light.

http://www.rtekimports.com/mazda/index.htm

How to do this...

a) on both sides of the bumper, cut the black wire on the bumper lens. Run about 3 foot of wire to that black wire (on the actual bulb socket) for the bumper light to that of in the engine bay black/green wire on parking/turn signal light. This will make the bumper light be like the parking light and alternate.

b) to get the sidemarker light in the game, take out the fender wheel well area and then cut the the bulb socket wires from the stock harness and put them in parallel with the bumper lens (both sides)

- Brian

Back