I threw caution to the wind...........

dcptv cx7

:
2007 mazda cx-7 sport
I saw all of the prices to change the sport interior to a GT look-alike and decided, i could do it myself. I found a 5 year vinyl made by 3M, matched it as close to the silver bezel around the radio, and started tearing apart my interior. I think the end result is excellent. A couple of hours, an exacto blade, alcohol prep pads and a hair dryer. viola! Here are some pics........

Attachments

• interior 001_edited.jpg
    interior 001_edited.jpg
    449.4 KB · Views: 829
  • interior 004_edited.jpg
    interior 004_edited.jpg
    615.2 KB · Views: 884
  • interior 002_edited.jpg
    interior 002_edited.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 689
Wow... that looks great.

I also love the shift boot. If mine weren't leased I'd have gotten one of those too.

i wish i would have taken step by step pictures, but i didnt. the 3M 5 year vinyl (argent silver) is a thicker vinyl, when working with contours, use a heat gun on low or a blow dryer on medium to heat the vinyl to either stretch over high spots or shrink when it bunches. the biggest thing is prepping the plastic...... sand (500 grit or higher) any nicks or high spots and prep very well with alcohol pads ONLY. any debris left on plastic will show thru the vinyl. other than that, most people with little experience can "trial and Error" to get the right effect.

Back