I thought I'd say hello...wife's P5 is getting older, so I figured I'd start becoming

n2stox

Jeff
:
2003 MP5, 2000 Audi S4, 67 Mustang (hers)
much more familiar with the site and such.

Let me say a few things:

1. The fact that this forum has the service manual this accessible is beyond awesome.

2. I've already leeched a few ideas and diy's from you guys, so I look forward to someday contributing back something good.

3. I've been wrenching on my tuned audi for quite a while and look forward to becoming competent on the P5 platform.

So, I've got the p0300 fault code and plan on fixing that in the coming weeks.

Car has 126k on it, so I'm thinking ignition coil is where I'll start.

So, I've got the p0300 fault code and plan on fixing that in the coming weeks.

Don't wait, change your coil packs ASAP. If you wait too long you'll end up cooking your pre-cat (ie. a $70 repair becomes a $350 repair).

Autozone has the best price (less than $30 each iirc) for coils, and while you're at it you might want to replace the wires and plugs if they haven't been done in a while.

Ya one problem does lead to another with these car why idk I've got a few personal examples if u want them :) o and welcome to the forum

I see the coilpacks are $35 at autozone. I'll look into the wires, too.

The car has been virtually maintenance free since we bought it in 2003 and I figure with its age, that all might be coming to an end. It's been good so I don't mind spending a bit now to get a few more years out of it.

Just to confirm, I need 1 wire set (2 wires) and 2 coil packs, right?

I see the coilpacks are $35 at autozone. I'll look into the wires, too.

The car has been virtually maintenance free since we bought it in 2003 and I figure with its age, that all might be coming to an end. It's been good so I don't mind spending a bit now to get a few more years out of it.

Damn, I remember them being cheaper. Still worth it IMO.

Just to confirm, I need 1 wire set (2 wires) and 2 coil packs, right?

Yep, you need two coil packs and one wire set (it'll come with a short one and a long one).

Back