I think i may have the deal od a lifetime on FMIC!!!!

I skimmed threw the first couple pages and was curious.

Will this intercooler look anything like azian 6er's? I know you have to trim the metal support behind the bumper to fill everything in, but it is something I am willing to do.

We will also do installs for those willing to drive to MD. Something like 100 bux for complete install! but we will see.

Last edited:
MSP Chris said:
I skimmed threw the first couple pages and was curious.

Will this intercooler look anything like azian 6er's? I know you have to trim the metal support behind the bumper to fill everything in, but it is something I am willing to do.

http://www.msprotege.com/vbb300/showthread.php?t=47463

There is the link to the thread where his pictures are posted for his intercooler. After it is mounted I am sure it will look almost exact to his but, as of this moment we are in the planning stages. We're not sure how the final product will look like mounted and fuctional. I can assure you it will be of comparable quality (if not better) to any of the larger name brand FMIC kits I've seen on this forum. We will have our first kit on an MSP in 2 weeks tops. Once we are done, we will create a very detailed DIY (which will be included with the kit) for those who need detailed instructions on how to install it, also will give information to those who need it via phone, email, aim, etc. I can assure everyone that they will be happy with the end product.

o man i may just by this ic instead of the catback i want. i wasnt going to get a ic right away cause of the caust but now, ahhh s*** i think my catback will be put on the back burner and the front mount will actually become a reality now instead of a dream/wish. im am just going to hold on the catback and have to check this bad boy out. thanks for the regard to the little guys. your work will most curtainly NOT be in vain!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
-dave

computerGeek - It'll pay to use nice silicone hoses. Cheaper ones we find tend to break down over time due to various stresses.

FYI Spearco cores are generally bar & plate, not tube & fin.

Make sure if you are using this core to remove the frontal area on the rebar, otherwise fitting in underneath won't get you any airflow.. so rendering the top part of the core useless other then being a pressure loss region.

Thanks ION I will be taking a look this saturday. And the rebar is the horizontal bumber bar right?!?!

And we where talking about size not type of IC!

And we are not using Cheap Silicone hoses. we just aren't using name brand! When i release this i will warranty it for a year against defects! So if you do have a hose problem i will fix it immediately at no cost. Same with clamps. And IC has a Lifetime warranty. So as you can see we are using quality!!

Last edited:
loudpdl said:
would you rather have 650 beers...natty light ok? jk, I want this thing. When can we expect some pics? also, I hope it will require no cutting.
Saturday!!! we will have pics of IC fitment. tearing my baby apart then!

computerGeek<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_758943", true); </SCRIPT> - other then just the rebar, you're going to have to make the opening of the bumper skin larger to make use of the extra core size.

Check the warranty agreement on everything, you'll notice in fine print that there are MANY exceptions. Tube & fin cores are more prone to damage from debris, this is usually not something covered under warranty. You may want to consider making a finer mesh for the lower opening on the car to help prevent debris.

Generally the cheaper silicone hoses will break down in the course of 1-2 years, depending on the use either inside out, or outside in.

*Above are just suggestions, not a threadjack.*

Thanks ION... I'll look into everything you said! Also I am NOT warranting agains debris. I know that much. Its a warranty for the welds and such.

computerGeek said:
Thanks ION... I'll look into everything you said! Also I am NOT warranting agains debris. I know that much. Its a warranty for the welds and such.
All the more reason why you should leave your lower grille on once you instal the FMIC.

Back