I Think i have a blown motor!!! Please Help!!

JoeHoff04

Hey everyone soo this morning i was driving minding my own business when i heard a loud pop and now my car has like a rattle i think in the bottem end, im not suree what i can do to get A. a new motor B. get it fixed what would be the best way of saving money, or finding out what to do... thank you

get a hold of ken a protegegarage.com he can help you out and get you a used bottom end for like 1000 in i remember correctly

well for 1200 bucks on Protegegarage.com i can get a rebuilt motor with less than 60,000 on it for about 1200 is that a better deal?

What is your mechanical knowledge/skills, i think rebuilding this particular engine is easy. Swing in to your local salvage yard and see what they get you. If i remember correctly the bottem end is the same as a Probe/MX6/626/N/A Protege. So if you have another car roll that one up on to some ramps and take the oil pan off and see if the rod caps are lose or if they have a lot of play.

Im located in Brick New Jersey, and no i dont have those kind of skills, i know bits and pieces about this car only soo much you know, its like a knock or something..

i too hear a small rattling noise in mine only mine happens when i let off the gas a lil or when i rev it up it'll rattle as if metal where loose or hitting something. if u figure out what your's is lemme know and i'll do the same.

I would get a mechanic to look at it before purchasing a new motor. Does the engine sound like it has a misfire? Conduct a visual inspection and check for any obvious deficiencies.

Back