I think I found a used Mazda to buy, just wanted opinions before I pull the trigger.

With $2,000 Customer Cash from manufacture and dealer's clearance on 2016.5 CX-5, a brand-new base Sport can be had for under $20,000. A Touring can be had for low $20's! That's a brand new vehicle carries much higher resale value than a 3-year old 2015 CX-5 with 53K miles. And the interest rate on new car loan is lower than a used car loan. The benefit of longer CPO warranty than new car warranty is a wash with a used vehicle having 53K miles already.

New and used interest rates are both so low it doesn't matter. In the 2's. CPO warranty is better, if the OP doesn't drive that much, and even if OP does, that's still longer for bumper to bumper, and just a tiny bit less on the powertrain.

Mharris if you want a reliable CX5 with low cost a GT is strict no no
19 inch tires are espenseeve!
sensors on front and back means a simple collision and you are talking lots of $$$$ getting those replaced and then hoping they work the way it was intended which is a risk as well.
expensive to insure - again you may get discounts for BSM etc. but overall car is worth more so more expensive to insure.

You wont find a new 16 sport - that trim is sold only 20% by volume and is gone. Your best bet is a black interior touring. Cloth on Touring is great - your kids wont destroy it, infact if you dont protect your leather seats properly in 6 years you will have 10000 cracks on each of them and they will look ugly.

If all you want are robust leather seats - dont buy a GT. You will thank me later.

You are in Indy - hoping you wont need winter tires if you do - 19 inch screws you over there as well. For 17inch you can get good tires in the $120 range.
Cheapest 19 inch tires at tire rack start at $135 for CX5, for 17 inch its $85. If you go middle of the road in quality you are still looking at 150-200 extra for 19 inchs and god forbid if your rims are damaged - whoop di doooooo.

If you are bang on your game - a 16 base Touring can be had for 22000 brand new. If there is availability you can hit that number. Go with base Touring black interior and choose a color thats available - this is the best.
Followed by used 16 Touring followed by used 17 sport. All these 3 choices can be had between 17-22 thousand USD.

2015s are good if you dont care about how the info system looks and feels. Otherwise they are same as 16s in all aspects.

asset.php

This attachment - Bob Moore Mazda near me, Certified 2016 Touring with 30K miles 18700 - is a perfect perfect fit for what you want. These are the cars you need to look at - dont be afraid to drive a bit. GT will burn a hole in your pocket the size of Texas.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 99
asset.php

This attachment - Bob Moore Mazda near me, Certified 2016 Touring with 30K miles 18700 - is a perfect perfect fit for what you want. These are the cars you need to look at - dont be afraid to drive a bit. GT will burn a hole in your pocket the size of Texas.

And just look at how big Texas is. (lol2)

want-to-know-just-how-big-texas-really-is-5542811.png

Mharris if you want a reliable CX5 with low cost a GT is strict no no
19 inch tires are espenseeve!
sensors on front and back means a simple collision and you are talking lots of $$$$ getting those replaced and then hoping they work the way it was intended which is a risk as well.
expensive to insure - again you may get discounts for BSM etc. but overall car is worth more so more expensive to insure.

You wont find a new 16 sport - that trim is sold only 20% by volume and is gone. Your best bet is a black interior touring. Cloth on Touring is great - your kids wont destroy it, infact if you dont protect your leather seats properly in 6 years you will have 10000 cracks on each of them and they will look ugly.

If all you want are robust leather seats - dont buy a GT. You will thank me later.

You are in Indy - hoping you wont need winter tires if you do - 19 inch screws you over there as well. For 17inch you can get good tires in the $120 range.
Cheapest 19 inch tires at tire rack start at $135 for CX5, for 17 inch its $85. If you go middle of the road in quality you are still looking at 150-200 extra for 19 inchs and god forbid if your rims are damaged - whoop di doooooo.

2015s are good if you dont care about how the info system looks and feels. Otherwise they are same as 16s in all aspects.
I disagree. My 2015 GT has been totally reliable and it does not have sensors, except for one in the windshield for the auto wipers. I called my agent before buying and the Mazda was no more expensive to insure than a CR-V exl. Tires do cost more, look for sales. The wheels are expensive, but 17" alloy wheels are not cheap either. I don't run winter tires and I get more snow than Indianapolis. As for the seats, I have no problems with my seats so far. I do use some stuff on them that I got from Amazon. The 2015 is different from the 2016, I have a hand break, the '16 has some electric E-break. The info system is below the quality of the rest of the car.

Latest posts

Back