I need some help with my protege

red02lx

:
2002 Mazda Protege LX
hey, I just bought a 2002 Mazda Protege LX manual transmission this week. And I wanted to maybe sort of make it look like an MP3. I really like the wheels of the MP3, and I was wondering if anyone knew if the body is the same size for the MP3 and my LX. Will the 17 inch MP3 wheels fit on my LX which currently has the 15 inch alloys it came with?? And also does anyone have some good websites to purchase MP3 parts?
Pat

Look at the wheels on your car. If they are 5 lug, you can use the MP3 or MSP Racing Harts. If you have 4 lugs, then you should look for a similar design 4 lug wheel set.

4 lug to 5 lug conversion

Prodigy said:
the 02 lx is four lug... unless you felt like converting to 5-lug (http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123636733)..

you'll be stuck with your choice of aftermarket wheels.

I am 17 years old and I am in high school and this protege is my first car. So I really do not know too much about cars but I am eager and want to learn more. How would I convert the 4 lug set up now to 5-lugs??
Pat

red02lx said:
I am 17 years old and I am in high school and this protege is my first car. So I really do not know too much about cars but I am eager and want to learn more. How would I convert the 4 lug set up now to 5-lugs??
Pat

I'd say save yourself the money and get the Mazda Miata Mazdaspeed wheels. They look much hotter on a protege than MP3 wheels....plus mp3 wheels are VERY heavy...I think they are 23 lbs or something like that. The heaviest wheels that were put on Protege from factory pretty much.

here is a picture of mazdaspeed miata's wheels
091904_miata.jpg

DiS said:
I'd say save yourself the money and get the Mazda Miata Mazdaspeed wheels. They look much hotter on a protege than MP3 wheels....plus mp3 wheels are VERY heavy...I think they are 23 lbs or something like that. The heaviest wheels that were put on Protege from factory pretty much.

here is a picture of mazdaspeed miata's wheels
091904_miata.jpg
and here's one on the protege...

3cd12ef0e74f.jpg

it's an old ass pic... I'll post a new one up with the JIC FLT-A2's and new tires.

d6a50663ee5a.jpg

Chris! That looks gorgeous!!!!!!! DEFINETLY LOOKS MUCH MUCH MUCH HOTTER than mp3 wheels. But thats my opinion, hehe

Thanks guys,
I paid $900 for the wheels with tires when they had less than 6-months of use on them.
(no scratches!)

These pictures suck compared to the new drop + new tires....
I'll post pics later..

Lx

Prodigy said:
and here's one on the protege...

3cd12ef0e74f.jpg

it's an old ass pic... I'll post a new one up with the JIC FLT-A2's and new tires.

d6a50663ee5a.jpg
Is that an 2002 LX that those Miata Mazda Speed wheels are on?? Becuase if it is then that is the same color and car that I just got. And the Miata Speed Wheels do look very good on that car. Thanks for the advice.
Pat

It is, just look at the LX badge on the first pic or under Prodigy's avatar.

Back