I need help from the Experts!!

Leop5

:
Protege 5
Hi guys, i started working and so far the pay is HUGE for doing nothing like 300 a week for been a drone lol, anywayz i wanna buy the Cat-back first cuz thats the priciest one soooooo....I wanted to know what Cat-back produces the best whp and the CAI that makes more power...

The cream of the crop. I dont want ebay cai's or crappy short ram crap.

I did my search and saw alot of descriptions but i wanted to know from you the costumers, the racers.... I drooled all over the protegegarage.com site but i dont know whats best for my car..i want power...POWER!!

Cant go turbo cuz my daugther..need some money.

Anywayz. My car is a 2003 MP5, Semi-Auto sport tranny. What fits best and gives me the best power for my buck.

Thank you for your time guys

everyone I ever read says to just get the Ebay CAI....there all the same when it comes to intakes. As far as exhaust I dont believe that just a cat back is going to give too much hp maybe 5 at the most. Not sure of any specific brands though. Headers might be another option for you to increase hp....

edit: I just noticed that you DONT want the Ebay CAI but it seems that if you buy an injen etc...you're just wasting $$$

personally i went with the racing-beat cat back exhaust. the quality and fit is excellent. plus you never be mistaken for a ricer because the look and sound is low-key (but it'll growl when you want it to). the exhaust note sounds very high end, like my friends audi s4.

as far as power, the racingbeat website show a gain of around 5hp and 5lbs of torque which sounds really resonable. i honestly can't say i can feel those extra 5hp but the power comes smooth and sounds great.

I herad that if you get the Ebay CAI you will have to Modify it, by cutting the pipe?.....Just go with injen no Modding needed

the ebay cai i had works exactly like my injen (i've said it before, i only switched to have the carb sticker) if you don't care about smog, or if you don't mind switching it to stock, knowing the smog guy, whatever, get the ebay and save yourself $200. it you buy the right ebay cai, you won't have to modify anything.

yeah Ebay CAI is pretty nice, though some forum members have reported having to modify parts of it to get it to fit. Nothing major, but any time you do a mod, you gotta keep your eye on it a few times to make sure nothing's rubbing...

As for cat-back, I agree w/most so far. You won't get tons of gains out of a catback exhaust. Not unless you went with a hi-flow or catless midpipe. That said, any 2.25" - 2.5" exhaust should be ok for N/A setups. Racing Beat is the only company I know that has dynoed their exhaust and posted it for all to see. I have a Magnaflow, works fine for me. I didn't see or feel any difference in the car after installing my cat-back. I did, however, hear the difference :)

i had a "ebay" cai. i made it with a friend buying the tubbing and the filter...like 15 bucks all together, But bad fit and kinda crappy looking.

Yes i already have my eyes on the OBX headers. also the HKS catback from protegegarage.com iam waiting for the reply. i need to know how much is the shipping to San Juan,Puerto Rico 00926. Because i dont have like 500 bucks to spend . maye 400 and thats pushing it for one piece. But then again the cat back is complete kit so..i dont mind. Oh and what you think of the Thypoon CAI. Looks nice and clean...will it be worth it?

My car is here www.cardomain.com/id/leop5 and http://my.prostreetonline.com/member/Leop5

same pics...thats the old muffler. took it out iam on stock. looked old.
later

I believe that the HKS on ProtegeGarage is an axleback. I could be wrong, so make sure you confirm that with Ken before buying.

I have a friend of mine who has a Typhoon. He loves it. Since it can be changed to suit needs, it is very attractive. I think it's well worth the money over the Injen CAI...

OBX header is a great mod, but make sure you search for o2 sensor fixes. The two are the "Mil eliminator" and "non-fouler". Search for these two things on the forum, and you should find info on them.

Also, checked your cardomain site out. Some good pics. I really like the gauge bezel; I think you did a good job there. I also like the tails w/the red overlays. One thing I'm not 100% with is the wing, but that goes down to personal preferences.

Does your friend plan on filling the fog holes and the sidemarker holes on the sedan?

dont expect big gains with a H/E/I in your car... you will barely push 100whp. ebay and injen is the same products when it comes to the intake systems, u just pay more for the name with injen.

you want real power? either get turbo or another car...

peace

Hell yes i want power, just read the Stripper turbo kit post from Mental addicition...WOW. Thats sexy. Also i was thinking of buying another car..Dodge Charger or SRT-4, but my car owes the bank with interest over 20k. Cars in PR aint cheap my friend..my p5 is over 22grand and i already payed over 9 grand....stupid interest.

Thx for stopping by my cardomain site. I know the spoiler is kinda freaky looking but its almost impossible to get that spoiler in PR. Thats a mold not a uther one. The thives targeted the protege 5s last year. almost 24percent of those sold here disappear..so i tagged my car with something unique other than the color...Everyone knows thats my car and i havent seen other blue mp5's with that spoiler. I was planning on the Top spoiler "autoexe" one the huge wing, but looked kinda TOO big so i kept mine. Oh and my car is a rebuild from my 2 month old car crash. almost totaled it lol..and i crashed again into a dumb lady braking 4 miles before the redlight.

Anywayz thanks for the input and any other ideas are welcome. Iam trying to make this car fast! I need speed i cant take this slow car lol...used to my 15 sec integra. later guys

Oh and my friend got the stock fogs and added some nice rims. He wont update his cardomain page..he kinda lazy. later

On my 98 prelude i spent the cash for the AEM CAI, and ended up my next car was a integra GSR which i threw the ebay CAI on, and it worked and sounded every bit as good as the 200+ AEM intake.
My buddy just put the ebay intake on his protege 4door, and the thing just sounds mean, and fit almost perfectly. I also put the ebayer on my mom's wrx wagon.. didn't fit good but got the job done and allowed that turbo-spool sound to come alive. Pretty much just get a panel filter if you want better flow, intake kit if you want better sound. Almost no difference in HP.

Dont buy performance parts unless it is a cat back. Save your money for a turbo, only REAL way to mod on a P5. (And, no offense, your 15 sec Acura was not fast, sorry).

Last edited:
The ebay SRI is fine. I have that SRI you seem to not want, but I know the CAI works fine. Just toss the filter away, and get a K&N. For cat back, the Racing Beat is best. I got that, and love it. Want HP gains, get an OBX or Ractive header. They work great.

lol dont worry on the integra comment. 4door,AT, over 144,000 miles...and rebuilded half of it..I know is not fast i had a Camaro '85 v8..i know what fast is...anywayz..iam thinking on saving for the turbo or buying the parts here in PR one by one.

Back