I need an oil sandwich plate that will fit my MSP

im2bad4ya

Contributor
:
MAZDASPEED Protege 2K3.5 #882
I bought a second hand sandwich plate recently but it didn't come with the center nut. So i bought a center nut separately off of ebay to make it work but there is a gap before the nut closes up against the sandwich plate which leaves a gap. So I don't want to toy around and buy different nuts or washers or whatever, I just want to buy a kit that works. So I want to know WHAT WILL WORK without hassle or modification, that comes straight out the packaging. Can anyone point me in the right direction? It could be no name ebay brand, but as long as someone can vouch for it and KNOWS FOR A FACT that it will bolt up to the MSP oil cooler.

I bought a glowshift and I still had a gap even with the nut that came with it... But when you tighten down the oil filter there are no leaks.

I bought a glowshift and I still had a gap even with the nut that came with it... But when you tighten down the oil filter there are no leaks.

How is that possible? I tightened the nut onto the thread all the way, where it can't be tightened anymore, and the oil plate was hanging loose, the nut didn't tighten up against the plate. If I added oil it would just fall and make a mess everywhere.

The one I bought new off their site was designed not to tighten all the way... Scared me too...until I tightened the oil filter onto it. And wala no leaks!

The one I bought new off their site was designed not to tighten all the way... Scared me too...until I tightened the oil filter onto it. And wala no leaks!

That's not even possible, the nut is already screwed tight onto the original thread, there's no way it's gonna close the gap if I add the oil filter.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.... But when I bought mine I put the sandwich in turned the bolt as far as it would go like Hercules torque and the sandwich plate still wobbled like and inch each direction but as soon as I put the oil filter on ... Pressure sucked the sandwich to the block and the filter to the block.... And everytime I do an oil filter change it wobbles like crazy till I put a new filter on.

there is a "gap" due to our stock oil cooler, you need to cut the stud coming out of the block down some so you dont have the play with the sandwich plate. That is waht I did and been running that way for over 2 years. It was easy for me cause I did it with the motor out of the car.

bump for help, I've seen install videos where the nut tightens the plate against the engine block, no gap, anyone know of a sandwich oil plate that is known to work?

Latest posts

Back