I need a wiring expert

beaterp5

:
Mazda protege5
So I have been trying to get my p5 to turn over, I did a 5 speed swap on a Tiptronic auto car, I have everything done but the wiring, I tried to splice the clutch switch into the wire running into pin 6, but no luck yet, I'm not sure I have the correct pin on the wire harness, also another concern of mine is I don't hear the fuel pump kicking on, please help

Man I still can't get her going.....I'm stumped.....nd have 3 more days to get it fixed before the city tows it off...

I have a 5 speed ecu and harness if you'd like to rid yourself of whatever issue.

I'm pretty sure I told you this before,lmk. Otherwise good luck

I have to splice into the main harness because cars that have the tiptronic auto don't have provisions for the clutch switches

I doubt it, the parts car I had ran and drove good.....I'm thinking maybe I need to wire it up close to the ignition switch instead of near the ecu

I think you should bypass the harness and run a separate wire right from the clutch switch directly to pin 6 of the ECU.

The other side of the clutch switch goes right to ground.

I'm pretty sure there is two clutch switches... One is for the ECU and the other for the cruise control.

Make sure your switch is grounded.

Check for continuity at the ECU to see if the switch is switching when you hit the clutch pedal.

One of the clutch switches only has one wire so it grounds through the clutch pedal mechanism.... Make sure its grounded and add a wire to ground if needed.

(I don't know which switch goes to what)

PS.. Your neutral switch needs to be working too... Your ECU needs to know when to handover idle to the IAC.

Last edited:
Back