I need a faster way to charge my iPhone!

teradyl

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Hey guys,

So I've had my cx-5 for a while now, and aside from the all the great things I'm still having some inconveniences with connecting my phone to the car via bluetooth and USB.

1. Connecting via bluetooth takes down my battery waay fast, even if I'm not using my phone in any way
  2. Connecting via USB forces me to use the slow interface on the touch screen and barely charges my phone anyway. A few percent maybe over my entire ride!
  3. External USB chargers straight from the 12 volt connection seem to charge just as slow
  4. Aside from this, trying to activate Siri on my iPhone activates the bluetooth in the car (stopping whatever else the stereo is doing) and then fails to connect and Siri doesn't end up working at all. I haven't troubleshooted this too much since usually I'm, of course, driving.

I'm sure there are plenty of people here with iPhone using the bluetooth connection...what's your solution? Or any other iPhone bluetooth tips & tricks?

iPhone 4S btw

Cheers

Step 1. Cut the end of the USB connector.
Step 2. Expose the two wires cleanly.
Step 3. Insert two wires into household outlet.
Step 4. Report back with the results.

You are welcome.

Hey guys,

So I've had my cx-5 for a while now, and aside from the all the great things I'm still having some inconveniences with connecting my phone to the car via bluetooth and USB.

1. Connecting via bluetooth takes down my battery waay fast, even if I'm not using my phone in any way
  2. Connecting via USB forces me to use the slow interface on the touch screen and barely charges my phone anyway. A few percent maybe over my entire ride!
  3. External USB chargers straight from the 12 volt connection seem to charge just as slow
  4. Aside from this, trying to activate Siri on my iPhone activates the bluetooth in the car (stopping whatever else the stereo is doing) and then fails to connect and Siri doesn't end up working at all. I haven't troubleshooted this too much since usually I'm, of course, driving.

I'm sure there are plenty of people here with iPhone using the bluetooth connection...what's your solution? Or any other iPhone bluetooth tips & tricks?

iPhone 4S btw

Cheers

I got this,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00511PS3C/

it does charge my stuff pretty quickly.

Keep in mind that all not all USB chargers are alike. Most (and all data port) USBs charge at 1amp, but a few chargers can charge at 2 amps. Normally these higher powered ones made are for iPads. Perhaps a 2 amp plug-in charger would work better for you.

Back