I May Need Some Help.....!

905MP3

Well guys, I need some help. I just installed my MHP CAI and everything was perfect except the car kept on making a "ticking" noise at 2 RPM. The noise sounds like it's from the throttle. Does anyone know what that is? Is it coming from with in the throttle? I tried resetting the ECU but it still kept on making that ticking, clicking noise.
If someone know what this noise is and how to fix it please respond.

Mine does it too. Been doing it for a couple thousand miles w/ no problems, so I wouldn't worry about it.

905MP3 said:
Well guys, I need some help. I just installed my MHP CAI and everything was perfect except the car kept on making a "ticking" noise at 2 RPM. The noise sounds like it's from the throttle. Does anyone know what that is? Is it coming from with in the throttle? I tried resetting the ECU but it still kept on making that ticking, clicking noise.
If someone know what this noise is and how to fix it please respond.

2 RPM huh? Your starter spins the motor faster than that! lol

you meaning 2000 rpm right??

not sure...first time I have heard of this one.

my car has done that ticking noise since day one. it does it in mine from 2500-3800 rpm.. but just if rpm's arent going up or going down.. i posted about this a LONG time ago but no one replied to it... i still am not sure what it is.. i thought initially it was teh ingition...

Got to have it check out......

I mean to say 2000 RPM. The MP3 is a complex car. My old car never did anything like that. I am a bit worry about the noise. I will take it to the Mazda dealership to see if they know what is wrong with it.
If anyone have any other ways of overcoming this unexplainable noise please say somthing, anything.

i know what it is

it is the intake rubbing up against the master brake cylinder. check it out. i know it is really annoying but it is not harming anything. you can try to putting some rubber piece around the intake where is touches to stop the ticking. i dont know what else to say. MHP just flat messed up when making the intake didnt account for that happening. just shows you the crap company that is MHP.

I found out what it was.......

I finally found out what it was. Do you guys remember in the instructions for installing the CAI? Well, they said you should tie the upper bracket from intake tube. I tied it to back, not the front, and whenever that bracket vibrate it gives a vibrating sound because it was hitting basically the car. I hope you understand what I just said...... after reading it even I didn't understand it. Thank you all for the advises.

;)

Back