I Know This Would Be A Sin But...

carter1551

:
03 Mp5
I am really obsessed with the ford focus svt. I guess its the jump in power and the price that is really attracting me. I could probably sell my p5 and get myself into an svt focus with nothing out of my pocket. What do you guys think.

You'll be laughed at just like all the ricers get laughed at. Bad move. If ya want something new get a speed3.(drive2)

Eh, I wouldn't do it. Focuses haven't been known for their reliability. Aside from a pair of racing seats, it still has the generic awful ford black plastic interior.

Stick with the p5 and have more room to hold your stuff when you go places.

On a serious note, they are quite unreliable from what I hear. Most will have high mileage and if you think about it, I would say at least 85% of people that purchased the vehicle drove them hard.

don't do it.
Do IT!

The SVT is Leaps and bounds more fun thtan a P5.

That is..Unless you dont like more power..a decent suspension...Nice wheels and a 6 speed...Oh yeah..and some aftermarket support from some good vendors.

DO IT!!!

I had an 03 with the European appearance package wih the following standard features;

Heated all leather Recaros (same one in the Audi R series)
HID headlights
In-dash 6 CD changer with trunk mounted sub enclosure
Heated mirrors
Sunroof
Tilt/teloscopic steering wheel
6 speed trans
traction control
ABS
Side impact airbags

The list goes on and on.

Here are some pics...

Attachments

• IMG_0247.JPG
    IMG_0247.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0281.JPG
    IMG_0281.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 55
  • front driver.JPG
    front driver.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 55
  • hatch.JPG
    hatch.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0202.JPG
    IMG_0202.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 51
Everyone knows a focus...People still look at my car and go "WTF kind of car is that?" although mazda is technically a ford

ahhhhh shizzle!

i had an 02 svt focus. brand new off tha lot! i was looking for something to give me what i felt when i had mah 240 and was so f'ing tired of mah civic...so...i nabbed one since they weren't selling for jack.

absolute blast to drive! i miss the "fun factor" of that car and the pull.

the reliablitity = the suckness!

my advice would be to find an 03 eap(european appereance package) svt and grab the powerworks supercharger kit! FUN, FUN, FUN, FUN! and relitively cheap.

can't stress the reliability issues enough though. just know this, if u do get one and s hits the fan as far as "issues" are concerned, you can't say you weren't warned.

btw....focaljet is a good board to check out some info on them and all foci related topics.

how much does a used svt generally cost with the leather heated recaros etc. compared to the price of an msp that usually cost around 12k-14k used with minor mods? i never liked them but never knew that had heated recaros, traction control, etc.

Do IT!

The SVT is Leaps and bounds more fun thtan a P5.

That is..Unless you dont like more power..a decent suspension...Nice wheels and a 6 speed...Oh yeah..and some aftermarket support from some good vendors.

Quoted for troof.

Make mine an Orange Euro-package

Back