I have improved my mileage by adding ACETONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxek

:
2003.5 MP5
(cheers)

Yes. It is working for me. P5 likes Acetone. My first time adding acetone gave me the most mileage ever. Second time I did not notice any difference and I figure it out why because I only added 2oz. per 10 gallons of gas. In my third fill up I added 4oz. of acetone per 10 gallons of gas. And I got my summer mileage which is about 40 miles to a gallon. I have been so happy because winter made my mileage go to hell before I started adding acetone. So I am very happy driver now with gas prices going up so much.

I got my info from this link:

http://www.lubedev.com/smartgas/

Last edited:
look up acetone in the search field

there was a big thread about this

I kinda kept up with it but I remember it only helping people who never use fuel injection cleaning systems...??? Don't remember for sure

redpr5 said:
thanks. ill prob do this. how much is a good amount to put in?

Directions: Add an amount between 2 ounces for some cars and up to 4 ounces to others. These are added per 10 gallons of gasoline. Use a long funnel to pour acetone into tank. Watch out for your paint. Use a ScanGauge to find the correct amount after some experimentation. Avoid more than that in attempts to increase power. Your MPG will improve immediately after adding this additive. Use a long ATF funnel and a stainless 2-oz. measuring cup to protect paint. If the acetone label says anything else (such as benzoate) is in the bottle or can--do not buy it. 100% pure only, such as Sunnyside acetone in quarts or gallon cans. The Sunnyside quart cans pour easily. Try hardware stores, Menards, Fleet Farm, Wal-Mart or K-Mart. We prefer to add one ounce of Torco GP-7 or Torco EAL into a 16 oz. bottle of acetone. This improves MPG and the lubricity of the fuel and also improves the anti-knock rating both to diesel fuel and gasoline. Shake the contents well just before you add this nice mix to the fuel. The amount remains 2 oz.per ten gallons in diesels and 2-4 oz. per ten gallons of gasoline. In gasoline only, we often add Techron right after the acetone. Techron is sold in most parts stores as a cleaner. We use 2-3 oz. of Techron per 10 gallons of gas. It is made by Texaco/Chevron.

http://www.lubedev.com/smartgas/ultra5.htm

WiL

maxek said:
(cheers)

Yes. It is working for me. P5 likes Acetone. My first time adding acetone gave me the most mileage ever. Second time I did not notice any difference and I figure it out why because I only added 2oz. per 10 gallons of gas. In my third fill up I added 4oz. of acetone per 10 gallons of gas. And I got my summer mileage which is about 40 miles to a gallon. I have been so happy because winter made my mileage go to hell before I started adding acetone. So I am very happy driver now with gas prices going up so much.

I got my info from this link:

http://www.lubedev.com/smartgas/
40??

Been using it for 4 months or so & my mileage per tank (with sport auto) went from 300 - 320 to 360 - 380 miles. About 2-3 mpg more. I figure the 14.00 gallon of acetone generates 115.00 - 140.00 of gas savings depending on gas price. Also keeps the tail pipe pretty much free of black sooty carbon so it'll probably slow down egr carbon fouling as well. The amount it helps depends on how little alchohol is mixed in the gas at the station. Some are much better than others, especially up north it seems. Do the reading on smartgas.net, good stuff.............

Subbing for results...VERY interesting, but a little scary? Wondering what the long term issues are for the fuel line, filters, injectors, etc. are?

The guy that's been doing this for 50 years says he's had those kind of parts soaking in straight acetone for year or more without any badness so a tiny percentage mixed with gas should certainly have no ill effects. All of the answers to your questions are on smartgas.net. There's a lot on there to read but it's all good info.

Cheap, and it comes in gallon cans at hardware stores, or in quarts at beauty supply stores. Babes use it as nail polish remover!
SkinnyJoint said:
hmmm subbed as well. how much is a bottle of this s***?

maxek said:
. And I got my summer mileage which is about 40 miles to a gallon. I have been so happy because winter made my mileage go to hell before I started adding acetone.

:wtf:

No way were you getting 40 mpg normally in a P5....In my lighter 2000 DX with 1.6L if I drive like a grandma I get 35mpg

If you are getting better mileage with acetone great, but don't exaggerate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back