I hate people who can't parallel park!

Rage87

So I walk up to my car today and see my back bumper lined with 29 little circles from the front number plate screws on a beat up civic. None of those were there yesterday. I know because was sitting up against the bumper and it was cleeean. Plus the circles lined up perfectly with her screws. Basically it took this chick at least 14.5 tries to get parallel parked straight behind me!!! I left a pretty nasty note on her window. I'm just so pissed right now though.

Why just leave a note? You shoulda persued compensation from her insurance company. I woulda never let that one go.

I had to leave at that moment. How could I have gotten compensation without contacting her?

EDIT: So I had some time during lunch to go back and sure enough that civic was still there. I replaced the quick nasty note with a much nicer one asking the owner to contact me. I highly doubt she will. I jotted down some info on her car just in case. Chances are this will come out of my insurance and I'll have to pay the $250 deductible. :(

Last edited:
Yea wow why would you let it go man? If the car was there write down the plate and go from there lol

Unfortunately, it happens all too often in San Francisco. So many dinged up bumpers. I can only watch and laugh while people struggle to park in a parallel space, on a 45 degree hill. I learned how to drive a manual transmission on a hill so I can pretty much almost stop on a dime whenever trying to park on a incline. But watching newbies or out-of-towners burning up their clutch is hilarious.

I remember a few years ago there was a forum thread of a guy who took pics of a brand new 350Z trying to park on a hill in SF and some local walking down the street had to help the owner park it!

I feel ya...I am in Hudson County, NJ all the time and it's like that. Yeah it's not that hard to park on a hill...it's called an e-brake.

I would be scared to park in San Fran because of people like that. My incident was on completely flat land and the civic was an auto. No excuses. I'm just pissed because it was clearly a very tight spot and someone inexperienced in parallel parking should have looked at it and passed by. No one should ever have to pull forward 14+ times to park.

If I don't here back from the civic's owner by tomorrow I'm gonna move forward with the license plate number. How does that work? Do I just contact my insurance or do I have to track down the owner myself? I've never had to deal with a situation like this before.

I'm an insurance adjuster. Please make a police report and take a photo of her up against or near your vehicle. That would be all you need. Then contact her insurance company and file a claim or call your own and tell them that you want to pursue through the other perosn's insurance.

you should probably contact the police and your insurance company. or you could call your insurance company now and ask them what they want you to do.

Damn that sucks bro. Hope it works out for you.

Here in florida we dont have to parallel park too much. Parking on a 45 degree hill might be a bit of a challenge for me :). I wont hit anyone though ill just be a newb and use the handbrake.

I feel ya...I am in Hudson County, NJ all the time and it's like that. Yeah it's not that hard to park on a hill...it's called an e-brake.

REAL MEN DONT USE E-BRAKES! :)

Only time I've used it was the first week I learned to drive a stick. After that, It's all about the clutch work and fluttering the gas pedal.

I'm an insurance adjuster. Please make a police report and take a photo of her up against or near your vehicle. That would be all you need. Then contact her insurance company and file a claim or call your own and tell them that you want to pursue through the other perosn's insurance.

Too late for that. I had to leave and didn't really even think to get a police report. Yeah I know, stupid(bang). On top of that it just so happens that my phone died about an hour before I saw this. So no pictures :(. Damn Murphy's law. All I can really say is the circles match up perfectly to her car; size and level. I'm gonna give it a shot but I'm not expecting to get anything out of this.

It's not terribly bad though. It's only noticeable at angles and in certain light. More so because the car is black. 29 little circles is just ridiculous though.

REAL MEN DONT USE E-BRAKES! :)

Only time I've used it was the first week I learned to drive a stick. After that, It's all about the clutch work and fluttering the gas pedal.

I forced myself not to ever use the e-brake for this. I was afraid I'd form a habit. It forced me to get good at hills fast to spare myself the embarrassment.

Lol i was just saying if i was on a big hill trying to parallel park in a tight spot, I would probably use the ebrake or heel / toe it just for peace of mind.

If you use the ebrake on a hill just driving normally than your a nub !

Yeah. I haven't quite encountered a 45er yet. I've had to park tight on about a 30* incline and it was a b****. Got it done heel toeing. Some people just don't have the judgment to do that.*cough*my sister*cough*

Unfortunately, it happens all too often in San Francisco. So many dinged up bumpers. I can only watch and laugh while people struggle to park in a parallel space, on a 45 degree hill. I learned how to drive a manual transmission on a hill so I can pretty much almost stop on a dime whenever trying to park on a incline. But watching newbies or out-of-towners burning up their clutch is hilarious.

I remember a few years ago there was a forum thread of a guy who took pics of a brand new 350Z trying to park on a hill in SF and some local walking down the street had to help the owner park it!

oh man...the first time i learned how to parallel park on a hill in a manual...people at work laughed at me for a good 3 months...

its ok i do it everyday.
my house is on a hill, not 45degrees but enough to make ur car roll back fast, if not quick on the clutch and gas.

Back