I found it! lol Interior vibrations

SteelWarrior

:
03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
Okay im not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but i swear ive seen it posted. When i drive my car around (the streets were i live suck so taht doesnt help) i get this very slight vibrating sound from somewhere in the car. It almost sounds like its coming from the dashboard. its sounds like something is rattling between 2 pieces of plastic. Well at first i thought it was my boost guages vibrating in there sockets. so id put my hand against it to hold it still and i could still hear it. then i thought it was the dashboard where it connected to the glass frame. then i thought it was the damn mini storage unit under my CD deck but it wasnt. For the last like 3 months ive been trying to find the source and i finally got it!

in the bloody plastic piece that sits on the door frame that the window/mirror control buttons are on. I was leaning up against the door and my arm pushed down on the plastic and i stopped hearing the noise...so im going to take it apart and maybe put some foam or something in there to stop the noise cause its driving me nuts

But anyhow thought id post this up if anyone else was having this issue (didnt post it in the problems section cause i wasnt looking for help)

I rattle where the gauge bezel meets the dash. hanks to the AWR Motor mounts. I thinks Rattles are just a norm on these stiffer type cars

Interior vibrations are different for most of our cars, since we don't have major problems for the interior. I had a rattle... But only when i shifted. BUT then i realized what it was once day. WAS my vac line going to my boost gauge haha. I kept hitting it when i engaged the clutch. :p

I'm such a noob.

My whole damn car turned into one gigantic massage chair whenever it idled. Yay for upgraded motor mounts!

lol. sorry if i seemed a bit fanatical, since like the middle of last year i had heard that tiny little vibration and it drove me bloody nuts. Ill be taking it apart and fixing the problem soon enough haha.

I have a pair of hand cuffs that hang over my rear mirror, those vibrate every now and then over rough roads but i dont mind people inside my car noticing them ;)

I get a rattle somewhere near the glove box. But i dont mind it much. I just crank the music up alittle louder. But occasionally i do stop at a light and roll my window down to hear if my engine is making any noise.

lol yea....though sometimes when its nice outside...ill roll down my window and not have music playing and ill just listen to the car shift and move. I actually love the turkey sound. On like a 1st or 2nd date with a chick ill purposly boost then shift and theyre always like what was that? and when i explain it to them they think tis awesome. Then i stick my head out the window, boost hard, shift, vent turkey and yell "THE TURKEYS ARE COMING! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!"

haha

naw, but i think guages/sounds from my car definitly help break the ice during dates :D

Okay im not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but i swear ive seen it posted. When i drive my car around (the streets were i live suck so taht doesnt help) i get this very slight vibrating sound from somewhere in the car. It almost sounds like its coming from the dashboard. its sounds like something is rattling between 2 pieces of plastic. Well at first i thought it was my boost guages vibrating in there sockets. so id put my hand against it to hold it still and i could still hear it. then i thought it was the dashboard where it connected to the glass frame. then i thought it was the damn mini storage unit under my CD deck but it wasnt. For the last like 3 months ive been trying to find the source and i finally got it!

in the bloody plastic piece that sits on the door frame that the window/mirror control buttons are on. I was leaning up against the door and my arm pushed down on the plastic and i stopped hearing the noise...so im going to take it apart and maybe put some foam or something in there to stop the noise cause its driving me nuts

But anyhow thought id post this up if anyone else was having this issue (didnt post it in the problems section cause i wasnt looking for help)

believe i got the same rattle on the passenger side. at first i thought it was coming from the tweeter..

Multiple hangtags for parking/school hanging from my rear view mirror turned out to be my rattle.(hand)

-jason

gone now.

the rear panel on the hatch rattles reallll bad in mine a couple of the clips are broken off I think so the plastic rattles against the metal.. sub doesn't help either I suppose lol

I rattle where the gauge bezel meets the dash. hanks to the AWR Motor mounts. I thinks Rattles are just a norm on these stiffer type cars

My whole damn car turned into one gigantic massage chair whenever it idled. Yay for upgraded motor mounts!

I get a rattle somewhere near the glove box. But i dont mind it much. I just crank the music up alittle louder...

QFT. My car rattled before I got my motor mounts. With the mounts, it's like a one man band. I've gotten used to them, so I rarely ever notice, but when someone that's not familiar with the car gets in, they're like, "OMFG. Noisiest car evar. (boom08)"

Back