i dont mean to be a noob but

99miata

i just got a 1999 mazda miata and i love it.. funnest car iv ever driven..im looking to order some coil overs and its asking me if i am a NA6 or a NB6. i dont know what this means and its probably a very noobish question but im sorry(headbang) can some one tell me witch i am so i can order these coilovers!

First off, welcome!

Second: WTF's an NB6? Unless I totally missed something there's an NA6 (for the B6 1.6L engine, 1990-93, flip up lights), NA8 (BP 1.8L, still flip up lights), the NB (1998 to... 200?, fixed headlights), and the NC (the new ones). Where are you getting these from?

Some just call the 90-97 NA and the 99-05 NB (here in North America). The NC is 06+

You're an NB.

NA6: 90-97 1.6l (US only 90-93)
NA8: 94-97 1.8l
NB6: 99-05 1.6l (Euro, Japan, others, non-us)
NB8: 99-05 1.8l

In the US, since the NBs only came with a 1.8l, it's usually just refered to as an NB. I'm not 100% sure about the non-US cars, but I don't think they had an option for the 1.8l until the NBs

welcome to the club.. beware though.. miata driving is both addictive, and contagious.

I'm not sure if it is sexually transmitted.. I'll have to research that.

Either way, the grin you have plastered on your face while driving your miata doesn't go away. :)

Miata Transmitted Disease (MTD)? It's highly contagious. You pretty much get it by plopping your ass in the seat and turning the key ;)

Miata Transmitted Disease (MTD)? It's highly contagious. You pretty much get it by plopping your ass in the seat and turning the key ;)

^^Agreed^^

I used to be a major Celica, RX7, Mustang man. But one little test drive in a friend's 90 NA6C, and I was HOOKED!!!(eekdance)

But, just like everyone stated, if you're buying a NB in europe or asia.... you might have the options of a NB6 (1.6) or the NB8 (1.8 mostly found over here in the U.S.A.).

Back