I done a compression check, and now its smoking????

aron_ft

:
2003 mazdaspeed protege
So Today I decided id check my compression since I plan on getting supporting mods and a fmic and eventually push more boost, if everything turns out good. I took out the fuel pump relay or whatever you want to call it (fuse) and pulled out the ignition coils and the plugs, I only pulled one spark plug out at a time though and checked each cylinder then replaced the plug and moved on, and so forth. I cranked each one over for roughly 3 seconds each, as close as I could get it to being the same time. well all cylinders are 175-180. they had a real tight pattern and I was pleased with the results! put everything back together and went inside. came out to drive it tonight so it sat roughly 7 hours. started it up and ran back in the house to grab a water and walked back to the garage and noticed a little smoke rolling out the garage door, I gave it a little throttle and it smoked more. after I examined it I decided I was going to take it to the gas station, got there and it had stopped smoking. so I went to town ( 20 minute drive ) got to town went in a store and came out and started it, I let it idle for a minute or so and revved to about 3k and got out and more smoke. drove 1500 feet and smoke was gone. what could this be??? My poor msp has had a rough past couple months :(

looks white. cant tell really it was dark out, ill look in the morning. my dad suggested it was oil being washed off the walls since I cranked it over so much without it starting.

Did you put oil in your cylinders for the wet test? The only thing i dont like is that you didnt remove all the plugs from your car during the test and also that you replaced plugs as you went along.

what would be the difference if I where to leave the other cylinders closed ( cyl 1,2,3 ) while I check #4 then replace #4 and check #3. I don't see how that would affect my readings. and the smoke has went away, and no, I didn't add oil to the cylinder because I was not seeing any slow drop in compression or anything.

Every instruction ive seen on how to do a compression test said remove all plugs. You came on here saying you saw smoke after your test. Im just thinking worst case senerio. Most likely you sucked oil through the rings because you had the plugs in. Any ways glad your smoke problem is gone have a good one.

And I lied, I drove it more tonight and it pours white smoke out after a minute of idle. when I drive of its gone or if I rev it up for a little bit it thins out some. I read a couple things about bad turbo seals and its got me paranoid, could this be a cause? I just want my MSP to strive and live a long life.

Back