I did it...20's on a 2002 p5

Poundsofboost

:
2002 Protege5
WELL I WASNT SURE BUT I DID IT TODAY I HAD TO ROLL THE FENDER WELLS IN THE REAR SO IT WONT HIT THE TIRE BUT SO FAR SO GOOD ITS A 20X7.5 WITH A 225/30/20 TIRE

AS FAR AS I KNOW IM THE FIRST TO DO THIS TIRE SIZE

untitled-6.jpg

what!!!!???? to big for me, no offense man. to each his own. i guess ive just always thought it looks alittle like wagon wheels

ive seen 20's on a msp. they look pretty good . but i know how much my mazdaspeed3 18's slow down my p5. your gonna get beat by kids on bikes with those things on.

Congrats on supposedly being the first to do this.
No offense but chrome is so 90's and 17plus rims on a P5 reminds me of wagon wheels from "Little House on the Prairies"

I do have to respect the fact that you did what you wanted but I hope the roads in your area are as smooth as glass. I've seen the 215/35/18's up close and personal....do you even have air in the tires? lol

Welcome to the P5 club!
Duh....
Curious how far off your speedo is? stock is 23.67 in, my 18's are 23.92 in vs. your 20s riding at 25.31 inches?
-Dean

Last edited:
Congrats on supposedly being the first to do this.
No offense but chrome is so 90's and 17plus rims on a P5 reminds me of wagon wheels from "Little House on the Prairies"

Well where ur from that may be but i like them so really thats all that matters...right?

as long as you like it man. thats what modding a car is all about. differentiating your car from the rest in you own style.

WELL I WASNT SURE BUT I DID IT TODAY I HAD TO ROLL THE FENDER WELLS IN THE REAR SO IT WONT HIT THE TIRE BUT SO FAR SO GOOD ITS A 20X7.5 WITH A 225/30/20 TIRE

AS FAR AS I KNOW IM THE FIRST TO DO THIS TIRE SIZE

untitled-6.jpg

Actually I think there is a yellow p5 on cardomain that has 20s on it. Didn't really understand why since a 2xx/30/20 is the biggest sidewall you can run on. Looks good but take care of them on the small tires, they're easy to bend and scratch

Back