I did a mod to my sport shift

Uhhhhh Rice to me.

And then when you valet the car and the valet forgets it's auto and throws it into reverse at 10 mph rolling forward trying to figure out where's the clutch pedal is and WTF gear he's in.

I know b/c when I drive my brother's auto Protege my foot initially goes for a ghost cluch and I reach to grab the shifter. If it were a manual shift knob I would definitely knock it out of gear.

Last edited:
Sorry for calling it rice... if I had an auto I'd probably do this mod too. Then I could put it into neutral and roll back on hills, like a real manual! :D

SenorCorwin said:
22.JPG

looks something like that.

Really nice interior on the Black P5. Are those leather seats from NW Leather?

Sorry rice was harsh.... but I can see how it could result in a severe mishap with a mechanic test driving your car or a valet or a friend... if that wouldn't happen to you... go ahead of course.

yea right... dealers, valet or anybody for that matter got to drive my car when it was turbo and looked like that.

to some people, everything that's not 100% performance is rice.
it's a small esthetically pleasing mod. It's nice - I was gonna do the same to my auto... but I just popped in a manual transmission instead (spin)

Lil Freek said:
to some people, everything that's not 100% performance is rice.
it's a small esthetically pleasing mod. It's nice - I was gonna do the same to my auto... but I just popped in a manual transmission instead (spin)

Smart man. And not just for your good taste in avatars.

boot = $10 + 10 minutes of labour
tranny swap = $1300 + 23hours of labour

I shoulda gone with the boot.

...yeah, OR you could've just gotten a real manual, and not try to make up for the fact that you can't drive one with a new shifter knob and boot.

like stated before $10 mod or $1300 mod.....gees buddy

Tangent said:
...yeah, OR you could've just gotten a real manual, and not try to make up for the fact that you can't drive one with a new shifter knob and boot.

Carbon Fiber == Rice, don't be knocking this guy, I've considered doing this mod myself, but I don't have sport shift :(

Back