I crashed my P5 =( heres the damage..

Togan

My Blueberry Pie P5
Contributor
:
2010 M3 GT SPORT
apparently these need to be replaced: (only on right front side)

Rim
Lower control arm
AVS CV shaft
wheel bearing and "flench"?
steering knuckle

anybody know how much these would cost??

OMG, those parts are going to cost you a pretty penny....but you can check out those vendors for OEM parts, I'm sure they'd cost less than the dealership would say...

friend of mine did this. total cost of repairs ended up being $2000 USD parts and labor.

OMG! I broke all of that stuff exactly in my accident. 2k for the parts.

I also payed 1500 for aftermarket rims, (like it matters) so pretty much my lifes savings lol.

But ya, sorry to hear about that tho. No bueno.

i know it will cost somewhere around that :(

im ok, I hydroplanned and hit the curb, the rim took the shock so then everything broke i guess. the right wheel is bent inwards now. :( i am thinking of getting fixed at the dealer just because they have the real jap parts.

i did nearly the same thing, except in the snow and at a pretty slow speed. still managed to royally bang up the lower control arm. that s*** is NOT cheap.

I lost it on a sandy patch doing about 30 around a turn, and opted to put it into the curb rather than hit another car. Bent the passenger front wheel about 45* inward, but ended up only needing the lower control arm, wheel balance, and alignment. I snagged the control arm from the U-pull yard for like 60 bucks, and ended up being pretty lucky.

Sorry to hear. :(

Glad you are okay.

Check with Montgomery Mazda. They are a vendor for the forums and have OEM Mazda parts for way cheaper than the stealership. I've replaced several OEM parts with them because they came in way lower than anyone else on prices. Shipping prices are awesome and they are FAST. I remember ordering a part on a Saturday and getting it on Tuesday. They are awesome.

Got to luv ebay. Also keep in mind some junk yards have parts already pulled. If I remember I will get the number and web site for yard near my work and post it here. They buy totaled cars and strip them for good parts then warehouse them for purchase and shippment.

Last edited:
hello.... the hydroplanned thing... I just bought my protege5 and the tires suck.... dunlops.... I hit a small puddle and felt like I hit Ice. the dunlops suck...... I dont know what you have on your car????

sorry to hear that man. if you have an extra car, try to find these parts for cheaper, im sure you can.

Why are we bringing Threads back from the dead ??????

I havn't seen a updated on this for about 2 months... then we get a random post ?

(lol2)... sorry guys it's just kinda funny

Back