I cant believe it!!!!

Mikey444

:
Mazda 3 & RX-8
My new M6 V6 is hardly sucking any gas, I am shoked, I reset the trip computer leaving the dealer earlier, I put 130 kilometers on the car since and I only smoked a quarter of the tank. at this rate, I can do 500 kilometers per tank. Yes, I am aware it;s 68.0 liters, but it aint all that big. I must be a really good shifter, driver, or this is a one of a kind green car, and it's new, I'm wondering if the fuel mileage is going to get even better. And so far all the driving has been city driving.

I was getting around 20-22 in the ATX (6s) With around 2500 miles on the MTX, I'm getting around 24-26 mixed driving.

I'd imagine if mazda ever released a halfway decent overdrive gear (the 5th in the mtx is a bit high rpm...but hella fun for passing), we'd probably get like 34-36 mpg on the highway.

don't worry- all our mazda gas gauges (we have 6 mazdas) have a tendency for the bottom 1/2 half of the tank to go faster than the the first half...

I got 250 miles on 1/2 tank, but by the time the gas light came on, i was upto 377.

and that tank was all highway, 75mph.

Garfinkle said:
My V6 ATX is a pig.
LOL, it's funny putting it in that perspective, when I finish my first gas tank I will let you know how much kilometers I had on the trip computer when I filled up and how many liters I purchased.

pdhaudio83 said:
don't worry- all our mazda gas gauges (we have 6 mazdas) have a tendency for the bottom 1/2 half of the tank to go faster than the the first half...
Bah, same thing with my old Mazda 3.

(rockon) What can I say I love Mazda. And now I got my mom and sister not only hooked but obssesed.,

I put 35 liters of gas at 91.9 cents/liter and payed 32.35 for 3 and a half days of driving, Not bad at all considering I raped a few cars(lol2) .

Mikey444 said:
Bah, same thing with my old Mazda 3.
Yeah ATX in VVT kicks my ass when I leave the half mark. Might as well got a V8 the way the nedle moves. I had the needle 2 mm over half and it never moved in autocross session. If I commuted everyday to work from fredricsberg or bethesda every day I'd prably traded in second a used 3 poped up. There is no way you can save gas cause people just can't drive! Either I have to pass the jackass doing 42mph in the left lane of a 55mph highway with flow of traffic is 65 or sit in the parkinglot (495-95) idling for 3-5 hrs. One thing that does save me gas is my exhaust cause I know exactly when vtcs disengages warning me I sliped into "spirited driving status."

Once again, I couldnt agree more, sometimes I have to brke very hard on the fast lane cause one idiot in front or 2 cars ahead decides to break out of no where. Brkaes dont last too long over here and it's hard to save gas cause like in your explanation there are always idiots on the road. Soo far, I'm lovin everything about my Lapis blue M6 and got a chance to try out the but heaters last night, was a lil chilly. I only plan to do 2 mods to this car. new springs and new brakes, I really want Brebo's.

Mikey444 said:
I put 35 liters of gas at 91.9 cents/liter and payed 32.35 for 3 and a half days of driving, Not bad at all considering I raped a few cars(lol2) .

91.9 cents/litre. That is unfortunate. Gas is 15 to 20 cents/litre less here (just filled up today for 72.9). I'm surprised Quebecors can afford anything once they are done filling their tanks.

I bet we spend about the same on gas though seeing as how you have the MTX.

Gas was at it's lowest in weeks yesterday, 81.8, today back up to 88.9 I still remember the days when it was 59.99, just last year the price of gas was in the 70's What are these oil companies thinking, if ever gas goes pat 1.10.0 I'm going to not drive no more. It aint like my anual income is getting any bigger

jesus christ DC is expensive.. I just hop over the ben franklin bridge to jersey and get 89 octane for 1.86

I was told fredricsberg was cheaper...but thats a 1 tank trip to get gas

Back