Hypertech Max Energy Sport CAI Update Now Available!

I heard about disconnecting the battery, pressing the brake and reconnecting to reset the ecu. Took her for a ride after doing this and hit 16.5 psi. Seems a it better.

I heard about disconnecting the battery, pressing the brake and reconnecting to reset the ecu. Took her for a ride after doing this and hit 16.5 psi. Seems a it better.
Have you done the fuel pump internals? You should be getting 17.5 psi max boost.

Hey Chris,

I happened by one of these for $170 and pulled the trigger. That's a killer deal -HP/$-wise. I installed and immediately noticed the fantastic throttle response. I am not overwhelmingly happy though. I am not getting the boost restrictions in 1st and 2nd anymore and compared to the stock tune my car feels quicker. I am loving that. I got my Boost giggles back a bit. However, I am not seeing any psi over stock at all....14.5-15.6 at most. The majority of the time it's more around the 14.5 - 14.6 range. Is there a best way to test your max psi? I thought the Hypertech was supposed to give a couple extra psi. *Shrug* Maybe you can help me understand?

Also, I have a Corksport Stage II ( Short Ram with turbo inlet pipe). The tuner only asks if I have a cold air intake. There is no option for Short Ram? I take it since the MAF cal is the same on both CAI and SRI, everything is good.

You have selected the wrong intake choice, it would seem. If Corksport is a choice, select it as I doubt it is a CAI. Selecting the proper intake is critical, as this determines the MAF sensor calibration. Everything else in the tune depends on that calibration. Your tune is also load based, not boost based. If you hit the max load target, boost will not increase. Boost only goes up until the load limit for the existing conditions is reached. You will see lower boost in cool weather, higher in warm weather.

Other mods also affect how much boost you will have under various conditions. If you can increase air flow on both the intake side and pull it out better on the exhaust side more boost is allowed. With a CAI and a 3" catless downpipe and racepipe I see 18 to 19 psi in some gears with a taper as rpms climb past 5,500. To do this you exceed the capabilities of the stock high pressure fuel pump. An upgrade to a larger internal pump piston is needed or you lean out the engine and go "boom."

Much of HTs power is made with pretty aggressive timing advance and rich AFRs to cool the cylinders and keep knock under check, rather than super high boost. The small turbo gets inefficient and stops making power past 5,500 rpm unless you dial back boost. That's where timing advance makes the power on up to redline. Its complex and not just about boost.

Get the right intake in your setup and you will get better performance.

Last edited:
Back