HVAC control lights

SuperJETT

Isn't the fan speed control supposed to be illuminated? The left 2 controls are, the right one is not in our 5 and since I don't drive it enough to remember and my wife doesn't pay attention to details like that, I'm not sure. I just noticed the other night it wasn't lit.

I have a feeling it is but the bulb is burned out and it's probably a PITA to get to just to replace a 3mm twist-in, plus I'll want to do them all if I open it up.

I dug around on GIS but couldn't find a night shot of the dash.

It really isn't a pain in the ass to get goths rear of the HVAC control head. Remove shifter knob, shifter bezel, three screws holding the lower center console, two screws holding the radio and instant access to the rear of the control head.

Are the lights accessible at that point or are they embedded inside?

I'll try to get a look at it this weekend, thanks for the heads up.

Mine went out on ours. I noticed it wasn't lit up like the others.

With the lights on, I tapped and knocked with my fingers and my knuckles all over around the faceplate and knob near the unlit LED, and the VOILA the LED came back on!

Hope this works for you!

I laughed and I cried when I saw your results. You are obviously tapping in the wrong direction!

Sounds like you are going to have to take the HVAC module apart if you want to attempt a re-light.

I laughed and I cried when I saw your results. You are obviously tapping in the wrong direction!

Sounds like you are going to have to take the HVAC module apart if you want to attempt a re-light.
+1 sounds like something is loose. Good luck on figuring it out. Should be too difficult.

Fixed. Both bulbs were loose so I tightened them up and it's good to go.

Pulling it out is a little more than 5 screws, but not bad compared to some interiors I've worked on.

I have the same problem on mine, but it looks like one is broken. Anybody know where I can get some new ones?

Hi,
Did anyone tried to change or mod dash lighting? I mean changing all green illumination to white, red or any other, or combination. Tried looking for any info on illumination conversion, but no luck ( googled as well :) ). Btw, in my m5, time adjustment and emergency button illumination goes of once in a while. No biggie, couple of light taps near the buttons and its fixed :D

Back