Humming/Vibrating Sound

joneb4evr

:
02 Mazda Protege5
Just driving to work today I noticed that I had a little humming/vibration sound coming from around my feet. I could barely make it out, but it was its loudest traveling about 45mph; which wasn't too loud at all. I would hear it as if something was revolving. Every half a second I'd hear/feel it. I'm hoping its not the transmission. :( Although I could also swear I'd hear the hum coming out the engine or even the exhaust. When Idling there's no sound.

Last week I painted the calipers, installed my roof rails/racks and installed all four struts. I'm positive everything was tightened. Anyone have any clue what or where I should look and check for? Let me know please. Thanks!

Jaime

Okay, well I'm convinced its coming from the exhaust. I had the same problem on my truck. The muffler guy that installed it told me it was a harmonic.

I either never noticed it before, or it barely started up. I guess I'll have to go get the exhaust looked at. I went to the same shop that did my truck. They installed the cat and the magnaflow muffler. I guess I'll have to live with the sound.

So you know I have a harmonic vibration too.... It happens to me around 60 MPH, sounds like its coming from the passenger front. Its not tires, since I have changed them and the sound is there, so Im still trying to hunt down the source...

Yea, mines pretty bad. I need to jack up the car and look at everything in the exhaust system.

You don't think your problem could be the wheel bearings?

So you know I have a harmonic vibration too.... It happens to me around 60 MPH, sounds like its coming from the passenger front. Its not tires, since I have changed them and the sound is there, so Im still trying to hunt down the source...

Yup, passenger right front for me too. At first, I thought it was the heat shield over the manifold, but ........hmmmm sounding more like under the car now and getting louder. Going to have to take a look, I think. rats.

I know I'm missing one of the bolts that holds down the heat shield by the lower o2 sensor. But I'm barely noticing the humming. I'll have to take care of it just to eliminate it. Thanks for the info.

Back