How's your MS6 holding up?

Kevopg

:
06 ms6 sport
I just wanted to see how your MS6's are doing with high miles. I have 104xxx and mine is still running strong. I didn't start putting mods on tell about 85000. I don't have alot of mods just intake , bpv, tip, testpipe, and standback on the way. I plan on doing alot more to this car but don't know if it's a bad idea with over 100000. Just want to see if anyone has a higher milage MS6 still running strong without a rebuild.

I've got an 06 Sport also. Just turned 50K miles. No major repairs so far, and my only complaint is an intermittent suspension noise that I believe is a dry joint in one of the lower control arms.

The only mod is a Cobb short-ram air intake.

Good to know yours has lasted so long... I plan on keeping mine until it falls apart.

I have some rust forming along the bottom of the passenger rear door, and along the trunk latch. plus I had the hood replaced under warranty for rust already. 06 with 57k

no, but I live in the lake-effect snowbelt. we get about 100" of snow each year. they use salt on the roads here which can destroy a car..but not usually this quick.

Just rolled 80K on my 06. Aside from from tires every 20k I haven't had any major problems. Rotors and pads replaced about 15k miles ago. Replaced both front wheel bearings about a month ago. That's been the extent of any major problems. I had the EGR Valve replaced last year when it threw a code, under warranty. Also had the control arm TSB done. Body is in good shape. the hood and nose cone have their share of stone chips. One is about the size of a nickel on the leading edge of the hood. I have the touch up paint, just no time to take care of it. Still going strong

Just rolled 80K on my 06. Aside from from tires every 20k I haven't had any major problems. Rotors and pads replaced about 15k miles ago. Replaced both front wheel bearings about a month ago. That's been the extent of any major problems. I had the EGR Valve replaced last year when it threw a code, under warranty. Also had the control arm TSB done. Body is in good shape. the hood and nose cone have their share of stone chips. One is about the size of a nickel on the leading edge of the hood. I have the touch up paint, just no time to take care of it. Still going strong

What is this control arm TSB you speak of?

Mine is at 90k right now and i dont see why it should fall apart if you take good care of it. I had two major maintenance done at 35 and 70k miles where I changed all fluids, lubricated ac compressor, cleaned combustion chambers and lots of other stuff. Last time to check performance I screamed with new subaru sti on the highway, we went all out and I was very pleased with how my car ran, we were even not more, not less. My car is stock except intake, turbo pill and suspension work. The only thing as someone noted is the rust forming in the rear door, but otherwise its flawless.

55k Miles here.
Lets just say everything went at once.
I was cruising @ 68 in 6th gear and all of a sudden there was a nice loud *CLING* and then some noise.
Took it to the shop and it was my clutch, my 3rd and 4th rod and my engine block.
I have light mods and all highway miles :(

Engine is rebuilt now with an upgraded clutch and rods. Lookin good so far :D

55k here as well engine blew cars been sitting for a year having trouble finding a long block for sale that isnt expensive just want to get car back on the road

i have light mods stock for most part only thing changed is cobb tip and sri turbosmart bov full resurc, and cobb ap running stage 1 93 map been rough looking for a replacment engine and not finding what im looking for, if anyone know of any low cost options any help at this point is apreciated

I have an 07 sport with 96500 miles on it and haven't had to fix anything on it. Still have the stock brakes and rotors with a bunch of meat left on them. Been a very reliable car.

71 miles.
I think my stock cam driven fuel pump is failing. 20psi and sub 10 degree Celsius temperatures do not agree with it.

My 2006 has only 56k on it, but no bugs, issues or problems all stock save for a HKS BOV.
it does love tires though

It worries me seeing these motors blowing! Im over 80k miles. Clutch might be going soon, and I have the usual turbo smoke on occasion but to have a blown motor would kill me!
I drive my car easy. Havent launched it once. I want to, but I fear losing my daily driver.

Got myself a 06 with about 156KM which is 97miles...
Really the only major thing I've encounter was a failed MAF after I changed my battery recently. Beyond that I've invested most of my money in making this car bulletproof.

So I'm looking into getting a OCC, swapping the rear diff brace and front one's (and possibly the front mount), for sure a TT skid plate (b/c of our Canadian winters) going to do the seafoam treatment soon, and I'll continue on with my mods.

Last edited:
2006 with 45k on it. I am constantly looking for something else then I realize nothing does what this car does in this price range. Alas, I will have to wait for my residency/fellowship to be over for the F30 M3.

My car has a new turbo replaced under warranty and a new clutch done under the TSB. Mazda replaced all 4 OEM wheels due to flaking (which I ended up selling). Otherwise, no major mechanical issues whatsoever.

Back