Howdy

kuboola

:
2002 mazda p5
Wuz up guys and girls if any here. I some how ended up finding this site (gotta love (google)) after all these years and just found my new home. I love forums, they are great sources of info when you need it. Anyways, the name is John but, i perfer you to call me Kuboola and I, like ya'll have is an 2002 p5. I have 1 or like 12 running around the jackson metro area. I have had this car since brand new off the line. I never did anything to it untill recently this year. She is about to break the 120,000 mile mark, it seem like just recently I broke the 100,000 mark. She was originally red but after the years of hitting trees, shopping cart racks, curbs, and a big ass racoon, i recently had a bunch of body work done and gave her a new style. I am lucky to own such a great car, might not have the power but she has the handling of a supercar! (sorta of) Right now she dont, she rides like a caddy and will be getting a suspension overhaul. Im tryin to clean her up alittle and get her a new additude. Ive never had anything major gone wrong with the car, just little things her and there. It does have and automatic, kinda a bummer, but great for the long trip. There is nothing done as far as perfomance but I do plan on adding an exaust and some kind of intake. I figure over the years i lost a few hp and would like to get some back. I really to plan on making it a hp powerhouse since I use my car as a daily driver and a $4 a gallon gas I LOVE 30 MPG anyway. What you see is what I have done plus a little audio work. Windows get tinted tomarrow when I get off work in the morning yeah finally!!!! I am looking a getting some new shoes for her. I will reinstall the foglights but im try just to find the lenses, if not ill buy new ones.

Well I'd like to show you my little slice of what I call heaven...
Picture222.jpg

Picture223.jpg

A good friend of mine did the work. Its still fresh out of the booth and still needs to be sanding and polished but in all I love the new look. My goal is to give this 4 door hatchback a retro muscle car look somewhat. I do have a few ???s so I'll be around. Thanks for looking, holla

to think i was about to trade this this for a new tacoma.....(bang)

Last edited:
^^^ Don't go with that kit. IMO it makes the rear end sag. If you want the best spring/strut combo I would suggest going with the Tein S-Tech springs and Tokico Illumina struts. The Teins have the best drop in my opinion (but I'm slightly biased) and the Illumina struts are adjustable and will give you the best results with the Teins (which have linear springrates and are among the stiffest you can find, but are not bouncy).

welcome and i agree with ^mangnump5 spend the little extra and get the illuminas... the blues are ok but never really lasted long for me with eibach ground controls. i recently changed my suspension and when i pushed down on my blues they didn't even come back up

I don't know about the suspension, but the two-tone paint looks pretty slick man. Welcome to the forums.

umm, well i did look at tein struts and spring but they were on the high side for me. i just need something that will last a llittle longer than stock, perform a little better, have at least a 1 inch drop no lower than 1 1/2 inches( roads here a terrible) and wont hurt the pocket book to bad. i really need to get new struts badly, they are all shot. hey, what did the MSP use? was it the same suspension or different?

oh i really dont need anything top of the line cuz i have no use for it, i just want to make the car funner to drive.

Well the Tein's are a 1.8" front and 1.5" drop rear so I suppose those are a little low for what you're looking for. You should probably look into the Eibach Pro-kit as they offer a little less drop but unfortunately they are more expensive. A lot of people swear by the Eibach Pro-kit/Tokico HP (blue) struts. I'm personally running the Tein S-Techs with the Tokico HPs and I've never had any problem with them. Gotta keep it slow over the really steep bumps but that's it.

Back