How will a 2" exhaust tip look on the stock exhaust?

Like a 2" tip.

Those tip are not my favorite. Looks like a Pep Boys special to me. Almost on par with "universal" crap buzz-cans on rusty stock piping I always see around here.

For 50$ you could probably pick up some used MP3 axelback or something.

tips FTL! get a whole muffler. like nomad said you could probably get a mp3 axelback for like $50.
itll look better, and sound cooler too!

No tip!!! Check the f/s section....I remember seeing an MP3 axle back and a couple of MSP axle backs on there.

I like the looks of the Borla tip. I am not going for performance as the gains are too small. I do not mind some of the stuff for sale here but it will be expensive to ship up to Canada. I may watch for something I can pick up. (Long wait probably)
Is there any upgrade cat back or axle back that is no louder than stock?

RB cat-back isn't that loud... in fact when you first start up the car, you'll barely be able to hear any difference, but as it warms up, it'll get a lil louder. But it's the nice kind of loud nit the ricy coffee-can rattle sounding fart cans in some cars.
I promise you wont regret it.

Attachments

• FartCanCat.jpg
    FartCanCat.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 170
haha, the fact that the cat can fit inside the tip is funnier than the thought of the car turning on while the cat is in there.....sorta lol. both are pretty funny

did you check out the authentic folgers can muffler tip?

Last edited:
I guess that cat back is black and not white!

GM, the Racing Beat system is pretty nice. I may consider it when mine rusts out, which will be in a long time where I live. I am not willing to spend that kind of money right now. I am willing to do suspension upgrades though, as the gains are worth it there.

Last edited:
lol it would be if the car was turned on.
honestly tho, WHO WOULD MAKE A MUFFLER THAT BIG!?!?!?!?!? thats so retarded lol.
id like to smack whoever thought of that design. 3" piping to a 14" muffler with a 9" tip lol +568whp cat adds another 30 :p (rice)
(jacked)

Last edited:
but yea dude, stock tip is like 1.5" i think. possibly 1", dont bother with a flashy ricer tip. get a nice muffler or axelback and put it on. youre like me and not so concerned about performance. ive got a muffler sittin in my room that i was gonna put on, but never did cuz im thinkin about runnin a full cat back instead, but if youre interested ill sell it to you for cheap. a friend of mine has the same thing on his 240, and its got a real nice deep tone. its an n-1 muffler with a 2.5" inlet, 4" outlet (would look real nice mounted). if you buy it ill give you the additional piping for free (bought a $5 piece of exhaust piping to have cut and welded onto the muffler and all)
pm me if interested
ill provide all proper pics and all.

Attachments

• 1365011754_l.jpg
    1365011754_l.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Racing beat = nice tip, slight performance gain (very, VERY slight) and sounds AWESOME. Very quiet until you open 'er up.

Q. How will a 2" exhaust tip look on the stock exhaust?
A. Retarded.

Just save $$ and buy real thing.

sure a muffler itself will give you a whopping 0whp gain, but if you just want some sound and no gain, then its actually worth money, since mufflers run around $100 and cat backs are like $400+

redpr5 said:
sure a muffler itself will give you a whopping 0whp gain, but if you just want some sound and no gain, then its actually worth money, since mufflers run around $100 and cat backs are like $400+
Ok...or if you have a little patience you'll eventually find one at the price you want. I got my Racing Beat cat back for $70.....

Alejo_NIN said:
hey!
i have a tip, i hate mufflers...
they're just a waste of money

WTF! And a tip is NOT a waste of money for this guy? With straight piping and a turbo I see the point.

I'm tired of hearing:
Yeah, "performance gains are so small from intake/header/exhaust that I'd rather spend my money on cheap crap to hang off my car." OK. :bs:

"I can't fully use the performance of a nicely tuned suspension on the street anyhow so I'd ratehr cut the springs and ride on blown shocks."

"I think custom paint jobs are overrated so i'd rather plaster stickers and faded vinyl all over my car."

"I think the weight savings are so small on CF hoods that tehy are overrated. I'd rather just spraypaint my stock hood black."

PEOPLE, just admit that you dont/cant spend the money on something instead of coming up with lame excuses about how you never really liked XYZ anyhow.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back