How to test the Limited Slip Differential!????

with one side on the grass and the other on the road hit the gas and see if it grips and takes off or spins the side on the grass

Should be able to jack both sides up, spin one wheel by hand and the other side should spin opposite direction iirc

with one side on the grass and the other on the road hit the gas and see if it grips and takes off or spins the side on the grass

the passenger side would have to be in the grass for this test as it is the usual drive wheel.

Pop the clutch and spin the tires, two black marks means the LSD is working. Couldn't be any easier than that

Umm no, my 323, mustang, protege, my brothers golf all have left very lengthy black marks with just one tire. While the 323 and mustang has left some with both tires spinning pretty sure the protege has but I gave up trying for a small squal

I'm assuming he was asking how to tell if his trans has an LSD or not

Dump the clutch half way through a turn and it won't. My civic had an LSD and when I did it with it it would go straight even turning one tire in the grass one on pavement didn't make a difference

Back