How To: Retrofit HID projectors into P5 headlights

I just order my Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini (H1) with CCFL.
Anyone knows how to wire the CCFL? I though about plugging them on the parking light. But the question is... How? Anyone has pictures?

i wired up a set to a switch in the car so that he could control them instead of messing with trying to make them come on with park lights, or DRL.

Ok so I started wiring my projectors, relay, ballasts and bulbs.
And I would need some help to know how to wire this!
It's a bit more complicated then I expected.. So if someone could just tell me how to wire this.

So first of all, the orange and black wire is not wire to anything, where and how I wire this?
Second, where and how do I wire the projector?
and third, where do I wire the rest?
Relay.jpg
projector.jpg
stuff.jpg

Thanks alot!

Those are the Mini H1 projectors from the retrofit source... I don't know how to wire them... Can I wire in the plug where I use to plug my high beam?

Trikevion- I to ordered a set of the morimoto mini projectors and I'm not to sure what the little red and black wires that run off the projector hook up to. Everything else seems pretty straight forward though. There is an installation manual on the retrofitsources website if you need a little help.

Yeah I checked out the site out and I overused the internet to find some info but now i'm kinda stuck..
Here I'll put a little picture to illustrate my problem.
My biggest question is: What do I do with the orange wire? I think I must plug them on the ballast, but what do I do with the other end...? It's wired to nothing loll
My Relay.jpg

Attachments

• stuff.jpg
    stuff.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 218
The wires coming off of the projectors are for the High beam flap, you wire them to your high beam plug. Thats what the orange and black pig tails are for, so you can make it plug and play. Cut off the factory high beam plug and wire in the orange and black harness in its place. Then put the pins into the empty connectors provided and plug those into the connectors you just wired to your high beam circuit.

Everything else is pretty self explanitory

So if I want to break up the cost and get an hid kit first and the minis later, what style bulb to I get? I have a p5 but am already switching to sedan lights with 9003s

Thanks justanothermp5,
but why should I cut the original high beam wire in my car? Why not just plug my projector in there without cutting anything?

You dont have to cut it, it will just be cleaner that way,
for now, I just have the pins from the projector pluged into the OEM high beam plug, and then work just fine, but it looks a bit ghetto

Haha guetto style!
But now if I want to use my old high beam + my new bi-xenon's high beam at the same time what do I do since the high beam plug is in use?

Well then you would use the taps included and just tap into the wires instead of replacing the connectors. But in all honesty, you wont need your factory high beams,
the morimoto mini high beams are incredible

Yeah I'm sure they are, I was just curious. Well then I guess I got everything figured out.
So blue and black goes in ballast and projector goes in high beam and I guess that's everything right? For the bulb and the battery wires its pretty logical.

yup, i think you got it now

and something you could also do just to clean it up, get the female connectors for the high beam plug off Ebay ( i did for mine) so the high beam wires coming from the projector still looks OEM plugged in

So if I want to break up the cost and get an hid kit first and the minis later, what style bulb to I get? I have a p5 but am already switching to sedan lights with 9003s

Depends what projector you go with, but the Mini H1 set requires H1 bulbs. If you want to get HIDS RIGHT NOW, you will need the sedan set-up, then when you are ready for the projectors, you can buy just the bulbs.

Thanks a lot azuelke, I realized after I had already installed the first sedan light that they've got on ebay a pair of headlights with an HID kit for a decent price, I'm sure its a cheaper HID set.

will the mini h1 work with sedan headlights? how is the size compared to the fx-r? would the mini h1 be too small in comparison to the reflector bowl in the sedan lights?

The Mini's are smaller in size. I think that the size may be a little on the small side for the sedan housing, but I wouldn't worry about it.. the shroud takes up a fair amount of space.

Oh wow. That doesn't have the shroud on it yet does it? Azuelke, what shroud would you recommend for the sedan housing and Mini H1 projectors?

Back