How To: Retrofit HID projectors into P5 headlights

from what i've seen, H3C bulbs tend to go out far more often than a standard H3 bulb

not in this thread lol

I do not promote halogen reflectors using HID bulbs ;P

now if you were talking on putting some projector fog lights in, that I approve of

Matt hasn't posted anything in almost two years. I wouldn't expect a response from him anytime soon if I were you. There are a few other members on here that have done retrofits and would probably do them for you. Or you can attempt yourself as with these retrofit kits make the process pretty easy. The members on the HID forums can help you out significantly.

Last edited:
Hello all, just wanted to let everyone know I am alive and well.

Also based on MANY PM's I still receive on retrofitting I am planning on offering my services again (based on demand).

I can't go into pricing too much without vendor approval but if members are interested please post in this thread so I can get a good idea of how many members would want my services.

I'm definitely interested. My plan was to buy a set of new P5 headlights for my 01 sedan. After reading this thread, I don't feel comfortable doing the retrofit myself. Would I have to order all the parts, ship them to you for retrofitting, and you ship them back to me?

J.

Would this work for an '03 protege lx? And if so, could anyone point me in the right direction of where to get the pieces, what and how to do it? I've never messed with lighting before and I have stock lights.

Would this work for an '03 protege lx? And if so, could anyone point me in the right direction of where to get the pieces, what and how to do it? I've never messed with lighting before and I have stock lights.

You buy spare headlights on eBay and all the rest from the retrofit source.

Might be interested in your services Matt, but I'm also interesting in trying this out on my own. Whenever you get pricing figured out let me know.

Are there any known working how to's out there anymore? All the ones I can find so far have been deleted or the pictures are broken.

There is a good how-to on HID Planet forums. Although its a different set of headlights (an Accord), the mini H1 or mini D2S projectors can easily be retrofitted in the P5 lights.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/sho...ni-H1-Projectors-(Demo-d-on-a-7th-Gen-Accord)

Look halfway down to the easy install kits:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php?cPath=24

Last edited:
Back