How to replace front turn signal bulb

fs-m5

I have posted couple months ago and got no response and I cannot even locate that thread .... anyway, would like to see if anyone has experience to replace the turn signal which is inside the headlight housing. Followed the user manual instruction, but found it very hard to reach to the bulb end and turn. Anyway one has tips?

I didn't try to do it with the headlight on the car, but I replaced all my lights with LED, front blinkers were replaced at the same time when I installed my HID, meaning my headlights were off the car. But I'm pretty sure if you follow the manual you should be ok, since that's the best way to do things anyway

Hey Dima rus,

What kind of LED lights did you put in your turn signals and in the back (reverse lights, flashers, stop lights)? Are they more powerful than the regular ones?

Cause one thing I don't like with LEDs, is that they only flash when you look at them straight... If you are just a little bit on an angle, it kinda looks like they where not as "flashy" as regular bulbs.. Are yours different? Any pics?

replacing those blinker bulbs is a real pain in the a. you can try like this:

- turn steering wheel all the way to one direction. this will give you easier access to the inner fender cover on one side

- remove four rivets and bend the cover to get acces to the bulb and its sockets.

- get a small torch an take a look inside. there you see the cable which might needs to be removed from a clamp or just pulled a little to give you more room to work

- now the hard part: get a grip on the socket and turn it counterclockwise. this might be very hard to do, just dont give up, it wont break.

- after replacing the bulbs you might want to put some grease on the rubber seal of the socket which will make it easier to refit into the headlight housing

- put it all back together, turn your steering wheel the other way and proceed with the other side

after i replaced the bulbs in there my wrists looked really fu%&$ up. all those sharp edges....(chair)

- turn steering wheel all the way to one direction. this will give you easier access to the inner fender cover on one side

- remove four rivets and bend the cover to get acces to the bulb and its sockets.

- get a small torch an take a look inside. there you see the cable which might needs to be removed from a clamp or just pulled a little to give you more room to work

- now the hard part: get a grip on the socket and turn it counterclockwise. this might be very hard to do, just dont give up, it wont break.

- after replacing the bulbs you might want to put some grease on the rubber seal of the socket which will make it easier to refit into the headlight housing

- put it all back together, turn your steering wheel the other way and proceed with the other side

after i replaced the bulbs in there my wrists looked really fu%&$ up. all those sharp edges....(chair)

I would be totally honest with, I'd rather take the bumper and headlights out. That would be faster and less painful.

Hey Dima rus,

What kind of LED lights did you put in your turn signals and in the back (reverse lights, flashers, stop lights)? Are they more powerful than the regular ones?

Cause one thing I don't like with LEDs, is that they only flash when you look at them straight... If you are just a little bit on an angle, it kinda looks like they where not as "flashy" as regular bulbs.. Are yours different? Any pics?

I know exactly what you are saying, but there are LED bulbs that have leds in the front and on the side which makes it really bright. I use these ones as a sbrake lights. I will take a few pics and post them tomorrow

Thanks for reply, I actually went thru step 1-3, and found hard to do the 4th steps (the hardest one) as indicated in the manual, thus started this thread. =( Guess I can only try again or removing the bumper. Speaking of removing the bumper, is there any instruction anywhere?

Thanks for reply, I actually went thru step 1-3, and found hard to do the 4th steps (the hardest one) as indicated in the manual, thus started this thread. =( Guess I can only try again or removing the bumper. Speaking of removing the bumper, is there any instruction anywhere?

1.take 3 plastic pins in the wheel well out (both sides),
2.take 12 screws out under the bumper,
3.take 1 screw holding your bumper and fender together right under the wheel well closer to the side marker (both sides), 4.
take 2 screws and 2 plastic pins out holding your grill,
5.remove the bumper by slightly pulling both sides outwards (always nice to have second set of hands just in case)

..... and that's it you are done. (first)

After trying all the difficult options, there is one simple way of replacing the front signal bulb on the Mazda 626 (mine is the 1997 model). There is one Phillips screw at the top front corner securing the turn signal assembly to the front light assembly. After removing that screw, slide the turn signal light assembly towards the front. This will allow you access to remove the bulb. Mazda chose a tricky way for some reason.

Back